Chapter 28: Orochimaru vs Hiruzen! Battle to Decide the Fate of Konoha!

"Orochimaru, why are you doing this?" The Hokage, Hiruzen Sarutobi, asked, he and his student had been fighting for the better part of an hour, neither had slowed down one bit.

Orochimaru seemed to ignore his old sensei's question, "You haven't gotten any weaker over the past fifteen years sensei, I'm impressed, I thought you'd be on your deathbed by now, handing the title of Hokage to another runt who doesn't deserve it." Orochimaru said this with a smile, but his voice wasn't hiding his malice.

"Orochimaru, you and I both know Minato was the better choice." Hiruzen said, he had known about Orochimaru's experiments for too long, and even though he wanted to put an end to it, he couldn't bring himself to exile, or even worse kill, his prized student, but he thought of Konoha first when choosing Minato over Orochimaru.

"He was a snot nosed brat whose only redeeming quality was his goddamned loyalty!" Orochimaru spat back.

"You know that isn't true, he was a skilled shinobi and a great man, you said so yourself when you agreed with Jiraiya on his Jonin advancement application." The old Sarutobi defended his friend.

Orochimaru decided to change the subject, "Say sensei, how long has it been since you fought against another kage?" The Sannin asked.

"What trick do you have up your sleeve?" Hiruzen readied himself, Orochimaru raised his hands, two coffins, with the words one and two engraved on each respectively, rose from the ground.

"This is my Impure World Resurrection Jutsu!" Orochimaru laughed, the coffins opened revealing two men, the man in the coffin labeled one was a tall man with black hair that went down to his mid back, he wore a suit of red armor with a black suit underneath and a Konoha headband on his forehead. The other man had unruly white hair and red eyes, he wore a suit of blue armor along with a black suit underneath.

"Hashirama." Hiruzen looked at the first man, "Tobirama" He turned to the second man, "The first and second Hokages, how, why?"

"I already told you how, Impure World Resurrection, and as for why..." Orochimaru's neck expanded, his face coming within inches of his former teacher's. "So you can die by the hands of those you look up to." Orochimaru smiled and pulled his head back.

Hiruzen began to battle with the two former Hokages immediately after that, his large staff had transformed into a monkey, in fact that monkey was the king of monkey summon, Enma the Monkey King. The Hokage was in a Taijutsu match against Hashirama, the first Hokage, while Enma was shooting wind bullets at Tobirama's water bullets.

"Enma, I'm sorry, but do me a favour and go, leave the summoning contract in the letter for Naruto." Hiruzen said, as he pushes Hashirama back, "I can handle these two." The old man smiled at his longtime companion, "Oh, and tell Jiraiya that when this is over he has to go get Tsunade." Hiruzen smiled as the king of monkeys jumped away, dodging the bullets of water that flew at him for a while before leaving their range, leaving the old Hokage to deal with his predecessors. "Shadow Clone Jutsu!" He yelled out, making two clones. Each clone grabbed one resurrected Hokage and placed a seal on them before dispelling, "Dead Demon Consuming Seal!" The old man says calmly, watching his two role models turn to dust before his eyes. He turns to look at Orochimaru and is struck in the shoulder by a sword sticking out from the mouth of his old student.

The sword flew back into Orochimaru's mouth, going down his throat, "That's the Sword of Kusanagi, I made it myself." Orochimaru stated proudly. "Now eat it!" Orochimaru launches the sword at his sensei, who neatly grabs it and throws it away, charging the snake sannin head on.

"I'm sorry Orochimaru, I should have done this long ago!" Hiruzen placed the same seal his clones had placed on the kages moments before, "Dead Demon Consuming Seal!" He shouts, his own soul suspended above his body, inside a ghastly white creature, who grabbed Orochimaru's arm, sucking the Sannin's soul from his body.

'He's going to kill me?' Orochimaru thought to himself, "Kusanagi!" He shouted, his sword came flying back, stabbing Hiruzen in the chest, cancelling his Jutsu. "I'm sorry sensei, I really am." Orochimaru said, "But this is the way I am, no changing that." Orochimaru said, "But if it's any consolation, you've won the battle, my forces are mostly dead, Suna's given up, their stupid Jinchuuriki was knocked out the entire time, and you suffered only minor losses." Orochimaru took his sword from Hiruzen's body, and turned to walk away.

"O... Orochimaru, I'm not proud of the man you've become, but I... I love you like a son, you know that right?" Hiruzen said, he knew he was dying, and so he decided to tell Orochimaru what he hadn't for a long time, not since the boy was promoted to Chunin.

"I know" Was Orochimaru's only response, how was he supposed to tell his sensei that he had just killed that he saw him as a father, how was he supposed to justify his path? He looked at Hiruzen and his eyes told his story, even though his mouth didn't move a bit, it wasn't until he saw the man's eyes lose all signs of life that the tears he had held back broke free, "I'm sorry sensei." He said, wiping his eyes with his robe.

"Master, are you alright?" Kabuto came running up.

"We're retreating, send the order out." Orochimaru pushed past his most loyal subordinate.

"Yes sir." Kabuto put his hands into the boar seal and closed his eyes. "It is done, they are retreating to Otogakure as we speak." Kabuto said.

"Good, I'll meet you there." Orochimaru said, using Shunshin to leave Konoha as quickly as possible.

'Good to see that he's still human' Hiruzen thought as he laid there, waiting until darkness overtook him.

"Lord Hokage!"

"DAD!"

"I can't believe it" Sakura said, she was next to Naruto and Sasuke. It was three days ago that the invasion happened.

"The Hokage..." Sasuke said, "The strongest in the village"

"The old man." Naruto was dumbstruck, "This has to be some kind of sick joke"

"I'm afraid it's not." Kakashi came up from somewhere behind them, a hand on Naruto's and Sasuke's shoulder. "Naruto, I know it's a bad time but Lord Jiraiya needs to see you."

"I don't care, I'm going home." Naruto pushed away from Kakashi and ran to his house, tears rolling down his face, the old man had been like a grandpa to him, the only person he was close to growing up. He ran up the stairs to his small little house, not even bothering to look, as he ran towards his door he bumped into something very hard, falling down.

"Naruto, are you alright?" Jiraiya had been the large object, he knelt over to look at Naruto, his eyes were all red and puffy. He looked at Naruto's face, seeing the tears streak down he hugged the boy, "I know it hurts, he was my sensei, and like a father to me, you know that I never once met my old man, and growing up as an orphan was hard, but you know that."

"He, he was the only person I had as a kid." Naruto cried into Jiraiya's arm.

Unknown to Naruto, this caused a twinge of regret to shoot through Jiraiya's spine, he was the boy's godfather and he hadn't done anything for him except give him a stupid frog wallet, while his sensei, the man who looked after a whole village, took care of him. "I'm so sorry Naruto." Jiraiya said. The two went up to the Hokage Monument and sat peacefully for a while after this.

"Naruto."

"Yes Ero-sennin."

"He left us one last mission."

"What is it?"

"We have to go find the next Hokage"

"When do we leave?"

"Tomorrow, I've got a letter from him to give you, but that can wait until tomorrow too."

"Alright, I'm going home Ero-sennin." Naruto stood up and left.

"Good night Naruto." Jiraiya said once the boy was out of earshot.

I know it's a short chapter, but please tell me how I did. I'm not particularly good at writing stuff like this and staying true to the character, but since there will be a lot of deaths I would like to get better, so please leave me reviews or PM me and tell me what I can improve on. Anyways as usual any questions comments concerns or suggestions you may have feel free to tell me. and thanks for reading