Chapter 10: Losing

Gideon's powers kept Mabel and I suspened in the air as Bipper and Gideon walked. We still couldn't move. "Where are you taking us?" Mabel demanded.

"Oh, Mabel," Gideon said. "I think you'll recognize the place very well."

I couldn't find a way out of this mess. Everything hurt from being held in place for so long. Bill and Gideon discussed super important, top secret things under their breath, which I thought was usless. Dipper could proablably hear everything they said.

We got to an old, abandon road called Gopher street. Mabel gasped. I glanced at her. Her face was pale. I was guessing this wasn't going to be good.

We went down the road a little before we came to a house. The adress was 412. We walked in. It was old and abandon. There was a bunch of broken merchendise littering the floor. The lights turned on. This place gave me the creeps.

"Bill," Gideon said. "Let me speek to the boy."

Bipper smiled and floated out of Dipper. He blinked, both his eyes normal now. "G-Gideon?" Dipper said. "H-Wh- This can't be happening!"

"Oh, boy," Gideon said. "But it is."

"But we defeated you. You went to jail!"

"You don't think that I didn't memorise that journal?" He said. "I have more tricks up my sleave than you'd dare to belive."

"Let me guess," Dipper said. "You want to get revenge on me. Oh, wait! How about use me as bait to get one of them to spill my secrets?" He pointed to Mabel and me. "Well, its not going to work." I saw the worry in his eyes. He looked like he was just hanging on. Like he would break with the slightest push.

Gideon smiled. Orange light formed around Dipper. "Okay, Mabel." He turned towards her. "Tell me where the journals are, or Dipper gets it!"

Mabel bit her lip. Dipper's eyes where wide. "Mabel, don't do it!" He shouted.

Mabel squezed her eyes shut. "I won't, Gideon," she finally said.

Dipper sighed. I did too. Then Gideon clenched his teeth together. I looked over at Dipper. Orange light was getting bringhter and brighter, then Gideon pushed one hand forwards and Dipper slamed into a bunch of boxes, then the wall. "Dipper!" Mabel yelled. "No!"

Bill floated back over to Dipper's body. "He should be out for at least half an hour." He turned to us. "What about this Short Stack?"

I felt my bindings go slack and I crumpled to the floor. Someone grabbed my arm and pulled me to my feet. It was Bill. "This kid's been giving me almost more trouble then the Pine's twins. She's a rebel. But too loyal to these two."

Gideon walked up to me. He was even shorter then me. How was this guy even a threat? Well, despite the powers. "So your name's Kayle?" He asked.

"Kayla," I said through gritted teeth. "What do you want with me?"

"You know," he said. "These two are the ones who got me thrown in the slammer. Mabel was the the girl of my dreams, until he," he pointed to Dipper. "Turned her against me! Do you really want that to happen to you?"

I looked at Mabel. "I know they'd never do that to me," I said. "Trust me, I know who I can trust. And you're not one of them."

"Don't try to talk her out of it, Gideon," Mabel said. "She's as smart as Dipper."

I felt a little heat rush to my checks. I wasn't use to compliments like that.

Gideon eyed me suspitously. "You don't look that smart."

Um, ouch. I balled my hands into fists. "Well you don't look threating! You look like a girl and a little doll!" Okay, insults aren't my strong point.

Gideon clenched his teeth. The orange light surrounded me again and he threw me into a bunch of boxes. It hurt more then I was expecting. "Ow," I said, rubbing my head. I let out a yelp and rolled to the side as a mug came soaring towards my head.

Bill grabbed me again. "You've got spunk, Short Stack," he said. "I'll give you that."

"Let me go!" I said.

"You don't want to join Pinetree over there, do you?" He asked. "We can arrange that."

"Getoffme!" I yelled.

"Shh!" Bill said. "Come on! Watch the entertainment!"

"Huh?" I said. I looked at Mabel. Gideon had put her down now. "Dipper!" She yelled. I snapped my head in his direction. He was just gaining contousness. He shook his head. His hat had fallen off and his hair was sticking up in every direction. His eyes where crossed slightly. "W-what happened?" He asked, rubbing his head.

"Dipper!" Mabel said again. She ran towards him. Gideon didn't make a move to stop her. She kneeled next to her brother.

"I-I'm fine," Dipper said.

Bill laughed. "We all know that you're not."

"No, really," he said. "I'm fine!" He stagered to his feet. He would've fallen over again if Mabel hadn't jumped up to support him. "Ow," he said.

Bill laughed. "If I keep using you as a host when you're there too, I may acedentally burn up your life force."

Dipper blinked. "What?" He said. "That's not posible."

"Anything's posible, kid," Bill said. "Just some things are just more unlikely then others."

Dipper looked lost for words. Mabel looked pale. I couldn't think of a plan to get us out of this. It was infuriating.

Gideon incased Mabel in orange magic and forced her away from Dipper. He stood for about three seconds before crumbling on my hands and knees. Gideon brought Mabel over to me and walked towards Dipper. Hw was smiling madly. "I've been wanting to do this ever since you defied me." His ring started to glow a icy blue color. The tempurature of tbe room dropped about 20°. Ice slowly crawled on the floor near Dipper. Dipper tried to back away from Gideon, but his back hit the wall. "I'll preserve you for later use, Dipper Pines."

Dipper looked straight at us. His feet where already frozen to the ground. "Don't let them get the jounal!" The ice was moving rapidly around Dipper. After his feet, it went outward. It foarmed a sort of cage or prision. It was connected to the wall and out about three feet. Dipper banged on the ice, but it was useless. The ice was about half and inch thick now and still growing.

Gideon turned to us. "Now for the ladies."