Chapter 16: Dreams

We explained the plan to Mabel. "I don't know," Mabel said.

"Come on, Mabel," Dipper said. "I belive in you."

"Me too," I said. "Bill won't know what hit him."

Mabel leaned in. "But what if he's listening in right now?"

We sat in silence. Nothing. But that didn't comfort us. My eyes darted around the room, seeing if we where being spied on.

Dipper shook his head. "Enough of this. Trust me, Mabel. This has to work. We can't have Bill roaming around, creating chaos or whatnot."

Mabel looked down. "I guess you're right, as usual," Mabel said. "But what if it doesn't work?"

"Come on, Mabel, you're always the optomist. What's wrong?" Dipper asked.

Mabel moved her hand slowly up and down on her right arm. "Oh, I don't know. I just- I just feel like I didn't do enough to save you from that ice block. Kayla got the crystal, distracted Gideon, everything." I saw her glance at me. "I'm usually the one that gets you out of those situations."

"Oh, Mabel," I said, putting an arm around her. "I'm so sorry. I didn't relize-"

"Its okay," Mabel said. "Really." She gave me a small smile. "What are friends for?"

I smiled back. "So, we're cool then?" I asked, putting my fist out.

"We're cool," Mabel said, giving me a fist bump.

"Guys ," Dipper said. "We should get moving."

"Why?" I asked looking up.

Dipper pointed to a large group comimg towards the Mystery Shack. "Gruncle Stan's tour must be over. We should get out of here before he forces us to work at the gift shop." He stood up and took a few wobbly steps. He was almost to the door when he grabbed onto a shelf for support. Mabel and I exchanged glances. We walked over and helped him out the door.

"I don't understand what's wrong with me," Dipper said. "I'm not cold anymore. I feel fine."

"Maybe it was because you had Bill possesing you for too long," I said. "Maybe you just need some rest."

Dipper shook his head. "We need to stop Bill. Then I can rest."

Mabel rolled her eyes. "Stop trying to act all tough and just admit you need a little rest!"

Dipper sighed. "I guess a small nap wouldn't do any harm." We pulled him upstairs and into the attic. Then we let him stumbled over to his bed. He was out in three seconds.

"He'll be fine ," Mabel said. "He gets sleep deprived all the time."

I sat down on Mabel's bed. "Now what?"

"You should get some sleep too," Mabel said.

"What?"

"You should see the bags under your eyes. You look like a vampire." Mabel pointed to the mirror.

I looked at myself and jumped. I had twigs and leaves in my hair that was almost completly out of its braid. My face was scratched up from going to find the Firecrystal in the woods and, yes, my eyes where bloodshot and I had bags under them that made me look like a vampire.

I nodded. "O-okay," I said. "Do you mind..." I didn't finish my sentance, because I drifted off to sleep.

~

I had the weirdest dream.

I was in a twisted version of my room at home. My bed wasn't in the eight place, my dest was on the ceiling, my bookshelf topled over and my door was gone. It was like my vision had gone old timey movie. Everything was various colors of grey, black and white.

It was slient. I could only move a little bit in circles. I looked down at myself. I was fully colored and just as beat up as I remembered, but I felt fine.

There was a bright light from behind me and I spun around to see a yellow figure. It was my favorite triangle in the world, (not!) Bill. I crossed my arms. "Ah," he said. "Short Stack. How are you?"

"What are you doing here, Bill?" I asked.

"Oh, you know," Bill said with a shrug. "Making your lives misreble."

"What did you do to Dipper?" I asked.

"Aw, nothing too drastic. If all goes well, he might be good as knew."

"Might?" I asked. "That's reasuring."

Bill floated over to the books that where dumped out and sprawled all over the floor. "Oh, this looks interesting," Bill said, holding up my Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban book. "Hey!" I protested. 

Bill threw the book behind his shoulder. "You know, your parents are worried about you."

"What do you know about my parents?" I asked.

"Oh, I know lots of things," he said. "Yes, your parents are worried, I can tell you that much."

There was something in his voice that made me suspisius. "What did you do to my parents?"

Bill held up his hands. "Nothing... yet."

That sent a chill down my spine. It sent a surge of adrenilen through my veins. "Don't you dare touch my parents!"

"Sweet dreams, Short Stack."