Chapter 53: Doubt

"If you two don't shut up about how I may or may not have been your friend once upon a time, I'm gonna have some aiming practice with my new powers. I'm thinking moving targets would be the best."

Mabel and Dipper had been pleading with me that I'd been there friend and Bill was the bad guy. I'd shot a couple warning shots, but I was still getting the hang of these powers. One "warning" shot just about took off Dipper's head.

I was starting to get bored. What was Bill doing anyway? I let up my hand with fire then extingushed it, over and over again. I'd gotten the hang of summoning it, but shooting it was another problem.

I'd walked over to see what Bill did to Dipper a while ago. His nose and mouth were bloody and he had a black eye. Ouch. See, now this is a good reason not to be on Bill's enemy list.

I walked back over to him. I tried to get him to tell me what Bill had said to him, but he just shook his head. "What's it to you?" He asked. "I thought you and Bill where bffs now."

He gritted his teeth as he walked over. "What are you gonna do now?"

I shrugged. "I thought maybe about exploring this place more."

"Well have fun with that," Dipper said.

"Have you been here before?" I asked him.

Dipper nodded. "Once."

"Then you'll take me through this place."

"Right," Dipper said. "Like I'd help you after all this stuff you've done to me and Mabel."

I sighed. "Look," I said. "This'll be your only chance to get out of this chair for a long time. So I'd suggest saying yes."

"I don't care," he said. "There's really nothing to see! You can do whatever you want with me, but I won't help anyone working with Bill in any way. Don't you even had the slightest feeling of doubt about him? I mean, he's a glowing triangle."

My hands started to grow warm. "Fine."

"Kayla," Dipper said, looking me in the eye. "I know somewhere in there you have the slightest doubt."

"No I don't," I said. In truth, I did. I don't know why, but a tiny part told me Dipper might be saying the truth, or at least part if it.

"Kayla-"

My hands burst into flames and Dipper ducked just enough for me not to take off his head. The back of the chair was charred and smoking. I was done with him. I wished that I could cut out his tongue or something. Anything to keep him from trying to lie to me about Bill.

I spun on my heel and walked off in the other direction.

"Kayla-" Mabel started as I walked by. I didn't stop. I slashed my arm down diagonally, shooting a fireball at her. She cried out from either surprise or pain. I honestly didn't check.

I stormed into the first room I saw. It was a bathroom. I walked in and looked at myself in the mirror.

My hair looked awful. I took out the ponytail holder and finger combed through it. I couldn't really do anything about my outfit. It was too colorful for me.

After debating weather or not I should take a quick shower, I stepped out of the bathroom. There weren't any towels or shampoo anyway.

As I walked down the hallway, I discovered a lounge, a kitchen where I pigged out for a little bit, a destroyed lab and finally this weird room filled with a bunch of tubes. Maybe this was the room where people's lost memories where kept. I picked one up and blew the dust off of it. I hadn't heard of this person before, but he was probably in Gravity Falls.

I tucked the memory tube into my pocket. Maybe one of the Pine's could tell me how it worked.

I remembered the way back, stopping at the kitchen to grab something small for the twins. Where was the fun in letting them starve? Besides, its not like I'm inhuman. I know what it feels like to starve. At least, I think I do.

When I got to the open room, I threw Mabel some scraps. The wall behind her was scorched from when I had thrown that fireball at her earlier and her sweater had a hold in the arm. I then handed some to Dipper. He narrowed his eyes, not taking it. "What?" I asked tauntingly.

Dipper just shook his bound hands. I smiled. "Oh, right. Almost forgot." I stuffed the scraps into his mouth. He almost choked him on the way down.

As soon as he swallowed, I took the tube out. "Now, tell me. What's this?"

Dipper finished coughing. "A memory tube," he said. "You have one too."

"Why didn't you tell me before?" I asked him.

"Bill said I'd pay if I showed it to you," he said. "But I really don't care anymore. Bill will kill us in the end when he's done with us anyway. You too."

I ignored the last part. "Where's my tube?"

"My guess is its still in the mind eraser, unless Bill already took it out."

I walked over to the machine on the floor. "How do I open it?"

Dipper shrugged. I pressed a few buttons until it finally opened. The tube was blank. "Now how do I view this?"

"Wait, are you serious?" Dipper asked. "I thought you trusted Bill."

"I do," I said quickly. It wasn't strictly true.

Dipper smirked. "Sure. Well, you go to that room you found all the tubes, then you attach it to that TV looking thing and voilà, you've got your memory back."

I stared at the tube for a while. Did I really want this tube back? What if the Pines altered it somehow. I mean, Dipper was really trying to get me to watch it. Yet... the thing did seen to not want to open. Maybe if I just had a glance.

There was a yellow flash that made me jump and stuff the tube in my pocket. Bill appeared in the middle of the room. "I'm back! Ya miss me? Admit it, you missed me."

"Bill," I said. "What were you doing anyway?"

"Oh nothing," Bill said. "Just had to go and check on some stuff."

"What kind of things?"

"None of your buisness."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine," I said.

"So how'd these two behave?"

I shrugged. "Fine. They keep trying to convince me that you're nit my friend and that your the one who has my parents."

"Don't trust them," Bill said, putting an arm around me. "If I was in there position, I'd probably try the same thing."

I nodded. "That's what I thought."

"Its getting pretty late," Bill said.

"Really?" I asked. "What time is it?"

"Its about nine thirty at night."

Woah. I'd really spent my day down here exploring these halls?

"You'd better get some sleep," Bill said. He pointed a finger and a pile of blankets and a pillow apeared out of thin air. "Sorry, can't get a bed."

I shrugged. "That's fine," I said. I walked over to the blankets and wrapped myself up. "Night Bill."

"Night Short Stack."

...Short Stack?

A/N:
Yay update!
More evil/memory loss Kayla
Is it bad that its really fun to write for her?
Its like the evil twisted version of myself
The first part's kinda slow and not as well writing thanks to writer's block
Hope y'all enjoyed this!