Chapter 13: Rescue

I stood outside the building. A plan had somehow found it's way into my head. I took the jacket holding the Firecrystal. This was it. I couldn't mess this up. I'd have to be very careful.

I took a deep breath and opened the door. I felt a cold rush of air come out. Oh, man.

Before I lost confedence, I walked into the building, nit quite sure what to expect. An attack, to be frozen, possesed? Who knew. Anything could happen in these few seconds.

"Well, well, well," I heard Gideon say. "I see you've finally come back."

I didn't say anything. I could feel the Firecrystal heating up as it got colder and colder.

"Kayla!"

I turned to see Mabel. She was wide eyed and facing me. Her right hand was incased in the ice Dipper was trapped in. And Dipper... oh man! The poor guy looked like he was freezing to death, which he was. I faced Gideon and put my free hand on my hip. "Let my friends go, or else!"

"Or else what?" Gideon said. "What can you do to stop me?"

"Okay," I said with a shrug. "You asked for it." I looked around the room. This had to work! We where all dead if it didn't. "Now!" I shouted.

I didn't see if it worked or not. I sprinted over to Mabel and Dipper. I unraveled the Firecrystal from the jacket and spilled it on the floor. The heat started to melt the ice right when it fell. "Try to avoid touching it," I told Mabel. "This should melt the ice around Dipper and you."

Mabel nodded. I handed her the flashlight. "Not sure if you'll need this, but, you know, just in case."

"Kayla," Mabel said with a smile. "Thank you."

"Don't mention i-" I got cut off when some magic force pulled my backwards. It turned into more of a scream. I was pulled into the air, facing Gideon. "You really think you can out wit me?"

"It's worth a shot," I said.

Gideon's face turned red. "Bill!" Gideon yelled. "Go find that journal!"

Bill, who I almost forgot about, tipped his hat. "I'll be back shortly." And with that, he zipped off.

Gideon turned his attention back to me. "Now, where where we?" He made his hand into a fist. It felt like an invisible force was slowly ringing my neck. "You give up, girl?"

"Never!" I got out.

He laughed. "You're on the loosing side," he said. "You could be spared if you agree to join me."

I almost puked in my mouth. "Says the... guy who's... killing me."

"Says the girl who's being killed."

I glanced at Mabel and Dipper. Mabel's hand was almost free. Dipper was still shivering in his prison. Just a little longer. I knew what I had to do. "Fine." I said. "I-I'll join you."

Gideon gave me a look. Then he slowly opened his fist and the force disapeared. I took a deep breath. He let me down. "Finally came to your senses," he said. "Good."

"What must I do?" I asked.

He caught sight of Mabel and Dipper. "W-what?" He started running over to them, but I tackled him. "Hey! Watch the hair!"

He was pretty strong for hs size. "I'll never join you, you monster!"

"You'll lose anyways!" Gideon said. "Bill's getting the book." He gained power and got on top of me.

"Who says he'll find it?" I asked.

"He's a powerful being," Gideon said. "He can't fail me."

I didn't spoil that I already had the jounal and Bill would fail, but I decided that wouldn't be a smart move at the moment. "But what it you fail him?" I asked.

That took him by surprise. I gained advantage and pushed him off. I scrambled over to Mabel. Her hand was finally free. "This thing's getting hot!" She said.

"I know," I said. "But it's the only way to get Dipper out of here!"

Mabel nodded. I glanced at Dipper and winced. He was shivering.Frost covered him and his lips where blue.

"You."

I turned. Gideon was holding my bag. I gasped. "How did you-"

"Now, let's see what you're hiding in here."

I couldn't let him in the bag. I quickly looked around for something to use as a weapon. My hands closed around the flashlight. I drew back my hand and threw it with all my might. It smacked Gideon right in between the eyes. He dropped the bag and I dived for it.

I got it, but I went towards the window, with Gideon right on my heels. I was ready for making an impact and crashing to my death, but it never came. I opened my eyes that I didn't relise I closed and noticed I was about a foot from the window. I breathed a sigh of relif.

Gideon was right next to me. "This isn't over," he said. He jumoed for the bag, but I quickly pulled it out of the way. Instead of landing on the window, he hit a tarp, and behind the tarp...

His eyes got wide. There was hole in the glass there. A blast of warm air came in, then Gideon, unable to stop himself, fell out of the window. I swollowed. He screamed all the way down.