Chapter 37: Body Switch Troubles

We spent the day trying to find ways to switch Mabel and Dipper back to there own bodies.

The journal didn't help us out whatsoever, because we still couldn't find it. I meant to ask Stan about it, but I kept forgetting. Dipper seemed a little stressed out at the end of the day. "If I have to go one more day in your body Mabel-"

"Hey," Mabel said. "I'm enjoying this a lot less then you are!"

"You sure?" He asked. "I can't get dressed or... well, you know. Anyway," he took a deep breath. "I just hope we'll figure this out in the morning."

I layed back on the air matress that Soos had helped us put in. It was a lot more comfortable then the recliner. I looked at the ceiling, counting the moldy spots. I felt a little homesick. But I didn't want to go home. It was a weird feeling.

After a little bit, I drifted to sleep.

~

I had another dream that night with (shocker) Bill in it. This time we where in an empty version of the Mystery Shack's gift shop.

"What am I doing here?" I asked.

"I need you, and right now you're at your most vurnable."

My head was spinning for some reason. "What are you planning, Bill?"

Bill shrugged. "Lots of things, many of which concern you three."

"I could've guessed that," I said under my breath.

"Anywho, I'm just searching for the secret hiding spot of the journal. Don't mind me."

"I already told you," I said, crossing my arms. "I don't know where it is."

"You sure about that?" Bill asked.

"Yeah," I said. "Stan his it."

"Hmm, Stan."

"Don't you dare," I said.

Bill shrugged. "Whach ya gonna do about it?" He tipped his top hat at me. "Well, pleasure doing buisness with you!"

Then he disapered and I snapped awake in a cold sweat. It was dark, but I could still see that Mabel and Dipper were still asleep.

I rubbed my eyes. It was just a dream, chill!

I stood up. All I needed was a glass of water. That'd calm me down. I stood up and tiptoes to the door. I've always been surprised at how quiet I can be some times. Like, I'm the clumsiest person I know! But somehow I can sneek around without being noticed.

When I carefully closed the door, I fished my ipod out of my pocket to use as a flashlight. It nearly blinded me before I unlocked it and the auto-brightness kicked in. I glanced at the battery. Yikes. I had about seven minutes until it died. I'd better go fast.

Carefully, I made my way down the steps. At one moment, my foot missed a step and I almost had a heart attack, but caught myself before I fell. See, what'd I tell you? Clumsy.

I made my way to the bottom of the stairs, but I saw another light, like a latern. I quickly hit the off button on my ipod. You can call me curious, but I promise you, this was essentail for me to do. What if it was Bill? I stuck my ipod in my pocket and quietly followed the figure.

I stayed far away enough so I didn't loose sight of the figure, but I tried not to get too close.

The figure turned and made its way into the gift shop part of the house. What was he doing in there? Maybe he was a thief that was trying to steal from the cash register. I brushed that thought aside. I doubt Stan would never leave his money out there, unguarded.

The person kept walking. I counted three seconds off before following them. Thankfully, the figure was turned away from me. It was facing the old looking Vending Machine. Quickly and guietly as I could, I hid behins the cash register. There was a noise, like a safe being opened. I inched my way to the edge of the counter.
(Is the suspense killing you yet? *evil laughter*)

The man (I could see it was a man now) glanced behind his shoulder. He didn't see me. Then, with one more look around, he opened the vending machine.

You think, oh, he was just stealing some cheap snacks. Um, no. He actually opened the vending machine. There was a tunnel behind it, and a bright blue light was shining out of the hole.

I covered my mouth to keep from gasping.

The man with the latern, who just opened a secret tunnel hidden in plain sight.

The man...

...It was Stan.

A/N:
How many of you where expecting that?
Yeah, probably all of you
But before I decribed him going to the vending machine.
I actually had no idea I'd do this until she got downstairs.
But hey, now I've got the next chapter practically written out for me, right?
Anywho
Hope y'all are liking the story so far
And, what!?
Almost 5k views!?!?
Y'all are the best!
Oh, and sorry this chapter's kinda short, but they'll be more to come!