T W E N T Y - S E V E N

'I'm waitin' up, savin' all my precious time

Losin' light, I'm missin' my same old us

Before we learned our truth too late

Resigned to fate, fadin' away'

_-_
K I N G

Slipping into the storage unit, the mysterious figure, pulling up his mask and glancing around. A guard caught sight of him, a little too late. In a flash, the masked figure was behind the guard pressing his thumb into the temple of the guard watching as his body slid onto the cold concrete.

The masked figure glanced at the camera knowingly before shooting it.

King looked up from the footage in front of him and at the guard who shifted nervously in his seat under the glower King. The footage had only been taken three days ago and while King had been building up his connects in New York with Abba - a lot of shit had been going on in Brooklyn. King had been under pressure after returning from his well-needed vacation with Mayalika.

In his absence, a lot had gone on in his business and Omari wanted to make sure that shit was set straight even if that meant catching a body. The past two weeks had been bliss what with Mayalika and Omari taking off on an impromptu vacation after leaving New York. They had spent all their time in Barbados wrapped in each other - growing closer.

Coming back, King had noticed that his trap houses and storage units were slowly being raided and that the suspicion of the police was finally starting to catch up with him as they were arresting more and more of his corner boys and workers. Donavan who had been running the business in his presence was away in Texas for a family emergency so King could question him on why thing's had gone to shit. For years the feds had wanted to book him into jail and King was fearful that this may finally be their year.

King turned to Quincy, who had stood silently in the corner, "I want more dope boys selling on the streets and report to the East Wing we have a problem." Quincy nodded before telling the guard to get up. They both left the room, leaving a brooding King in their wake.

/@/

Rain slapped against the windows of King's Jeep as he drove down the streets. His head was still swimming with thoughts as he cruised. It had to be someone close to him because they'd have to know the code to get into his safe houses' and traps. Mayalika rose into his mind but he shook that ridiculous thought away.

Maya didn't even know about his line of business let alone a passcode. He had watched her puzzle over a pin for her phone for an hour and get locked out of her house because she had left her keys in Sadie's car. She wouldn't be capable of pulling something like this off.

He pulled over next to a curvy girl in a bright coat and a shivering dog. Mayalika opened the back door letting Ralph hop in before walking around to get into the passenger seat.

"Aye Ralph stay yo ass on them towels!" Omari yelled back. Mayalika scoffed, putting on her seatbelt just as Omari pulled off. Omari had dropped off Mayalika and Ralph at the park this morning under the safe watch of protection - not that Mayalika knew- while he dealt with business.

"How was your meeting?" Mayalika questioned, placing her hand upon his lap.

Omari smiled at the gesture, "It was great." he lolled. Omari felt guilt eat him up every time he lied to Mayalika about where he went every day - but he knew he couldn't tell her because it would break her heart.

Omari woke up to the feel of tears on his chest and the silent whimpers of Mayalika. He gently rubbed her back - furrowing his brows as he felt her tense under his touch.