F O R T Y

'Yeah, why you gotta be so insecure?

When I did all I could do, but you be wanting more

And why you can't get up off my back?

And I can take a lot of shit, but I won't take that'

_-_

K I N G

By the time you get this letter my plan will already be in motion.

/@/

Omari shook Abba awake causing her to jolt upright and smack him. Omari winced at the impact, rubbing his jaw to soothe the burning sensation. Her eyes widened when she realised who it was.

"Shit! Omari I didn't-"

He shook his head, "Naah It's cool, I gotta go handle some business again. Can you look after Maya for the night." He asked, picking up his coat that hung over the chair. Abba sat uptight as she watched him collect his belongings.

"Are you not staying?" She asked.

He paused to look at her, smirking he said, "Business calls." He responded. She nodded calling out for him to be safe as he slipped out of the room an out into the hallway.

/@/

You may be wondering why I chose to do this by letter but it was the only way I could do this without having to face you.

/@/

Omari slipped into his car just as his phone began to ring in his pocket. He sighed slipping it out to see his dad's phone number flashing across his cell. He sighed pressing decline. He hadn't been answering his phone calls since he had told Omari that he wasn't to pick up Reign until he got his shit sorted. He hadn't seen his daughter in two weeks.

Whatever the old man had to say Omari could give less than two shits because all that mattered now was catching the rat. He started his car, calling Quincy as he slipped out of the hospital car park and out onto the open road.

"Wassup."

Omari rolled his eyes. "I need you to get to the trap now and call all the boys too." He demanded.

He heard a short shuffling before Quincy came back onto the line, "You found 'em?" He questioned hinting at the mole. Omari hummed in response.

"Yea, I'm just on my way to the crib before I meet y'all there." He said.

Quincy fell silent on the other end of the line.

"Aight." He said, "Anything else?"

Omari clenched his jaw, "If you don't see me in an hour start looking for me." He stated calmly before hanging up and continuing on his drive towards his home.

/@/

Jayda had just gone back to her apartment after a long shift at the bakery and her back and shoulders were feeling the effects of it. She kicked off her trainers by the door, picking up her mail as she made her way towards the kitchen in search of a snack.

Bills. Spam. Parent's letters.

She scoffed; throwing them onto the countertop as she yanked open the cheap fridge door. Her parents had been bombarding her with letters pleading her to consider marrying this Julio guy they had found for her or else she would be cut out of their will. Not that she was bothered though - her Aunt still sent her a hefty check every two months that she would splurge on new clothes and hair dye.