T W E N T Y - T H R E E

'Anything she need, she can call me

Don't worry 'bout her, that's my seed, yup, that's all me

Just know, if you cross her, then you cross me

Cross me, cross me, if you, if-'

_-_

M A Y A

Glancing out of her window, Maya watched as the trees passed them in a green blur. After having another round of last night, Maya and King had managed to pack up without jumping back in the shower to: 'clean off'. Maya had been trying to weasel the truth of where they were going out of Omari but he had refused to even acknowledge her now.

Maya pulled out her phone, texting Sadie to ask what she and Jordan were up to. Since the cookout, Sadie and Quincy had been hanging around a lot more rather than just speaking for the sake of their son. Maya smiled at the photo of Jordan hitting the woah that Sadie had sent her.

Omari glanced at Mayalika, turning up the volume so that she was drowned out by the sounds of Travis Scott. Maya side-eyed him, a scowl settling on her lips.

"You not slick," She smacked her lips, shifting in her seat. She was sore and Omari hadn't been much help since all he did was add to the pain. Maya now walked with a slight limp.

"Love you too, babe," Omari stated, glancing at her. Maya shook her head, fighting the smile that was spreading across her face. Whenever Omari was sentimental it always made her feel like she was back in high school - fawning over a crush.

Omari looked at her, "Aww, Maya are you blushing?" he pinched her thigh, laughing when she swatted his hand away. Omari's hand went back to her thigh - rubbing soothing circles on where he had pinched her.

"Omari that hurt!" She pouted. He rolled his eyes, pecking her on the cheek before he turned back to driving. H.E.R played throughout the car as Maya hummed softly to the music, Omari rubbing her thigh - only removing his hand when he had to shift gears.

"So you're seriously not gonna let me know where we're going?" Maya questioned. Omari shook his head at her refused to tell Maya 14 minutes ago and his answer hadn't changed since then. Maya pouted shuffling away from him in her seat as much as she could - call her petty if you wanna.

"My father went through a fishing phase," Omari said out of the blue. Maya looked in his direction, raising a brow.

"When I was in middle school, he would always take me out to the small lake in town. He was terrible at it but he convinced himself that he was good," They both chuckled, "One day when we were fishing - I managed to catch a fish. Dad and I pulled the fish out and it went over our heads and into the parking lot. We spent a whole 2 hours searching for it." Omari chuckled. Maya laughed at the story, she could tell that both men shared a deep bond.

"You really love your dad, don't you?" She questioned. Omari nodded solemnly, his grip on Maya's thigh grew tighter.

Omari took a deep breath, "When I was 8 he went to prison." he told. Maya's eyes widened in shock, she turned to Omari. He was staring straight ahead, his grip on the steering wheel tight as if he was afraid of letting it go. The muscle in his jaw ticked violently.

"He was caught with a bag of cocaine while in his homeboys' car. He took the fall for him and got 5 years. I would always blame him for everything. I refused to see him in prison when mama offered to take us." Omari breathed. Maya could see that his eyes were glassy.

"I missed out on a lot of things..." He trailed off. Silence filled up the car - finishing off Omari's words an leaving a thick tension hung instead. Maya placed her miniature hand over his huge one that occupied on her thigh. She stroked the back of it. It said everything that Maya couldn't say but, it was all he needed, Maya was the real deal.