O N E

'I'm writing this letter to let you know...

I'm really leaving,

And, no, I'm not keeping your shit!'

_-_

M A Y A

Wiping down another table, Mayalika anxiously glanced at the old clock that was hung on the wall.

7.45.

She had another five minutes of cleaning before she could go back to the comfort of her apartment and study for her upcoming exam. Just as Mayalika was about to retreat into the kitchen to make sure the ovens were off she heard the sound of a frantic knock on the pane of the window.

She turned towards the direction of the sudden noise to see the figure of a man standing out in the light rain that poured about his tall hunched figure. Walking over to the door she could see him better under the light of a nearby streetlamp.

He wore a black trench coat that glistened with droplets from the on pouring rain. Underneath it he was wearing a blue shirt and a pair of black slacks, the first few buttons of his shirt had been undone to reveal a few hairs peeking out from on his dark chocolate chest. He had waves as deep as the ocean and as dark as the colour of coal. When he caught sight of Maya's figure moved towards the door, he stopped knocking and looked up at her.

And everything stopped.

His brown eyes had put her in a trance as though she were swimming in their gaze. They had a hint of green in them that made a beautiful combination when the light reflected on them. Maya unconsciously bit her lip as stared at the stranger through the wall of glass.

'Damn,' She thought, 'Too bad he's probably taken...'.

She felt her hand slide down the polished wood of the door, her hands clasping around the cool handle of the door as she pulled it open so that she was staring at him. Without the barrier of glass. They were silent as they gazed longingly at each other, their eyes raking over each other as if they were the missing piece in each other's life. The tension was thick between them as they felt the feeling of lust take over their bodies.

"Are you still open?" He inquired, sticking his hands in his pockets. Maya noted that he seemed unbothered by the rain; his demeanour was closed as if nothing could penetrate the bubble he seemed to hold himself in.

She looked back at the battered clock to see it was 7.50.

"I was just about to close up..." She trailed off before looking back at the Adonis who stood in the doorway of her grandmother's bakery, "Is there anything I can do for you?" She asked, raising a questioning brow.

He ran a hand over his waves; his brows knitting together as a line formed on his forehead. Maya couldn't help but follow his hand wishing it was her hand running over those waves instead of his.

"If it's not too much to ask can I get a blueberry muffin? I know your closing up but I wouldn't ask if it wasn't important. If I don't get one my sister is going to kill me." He rushed out, rocking on his heels as he stared intensely at her. Mayalika felt her heart flutter at the sound of his deep baritone voice.

She nodded her head stepping aside slight as she opened the door wider, "Sure come in." She whispered.

Omari nodded before walking into the comfort of the bakery, his hand brushing against hers sending a shiver down her spine. He stood idly in the middle of the shop, gazing around as his eyes were trying to take everything in.