chapter 18

'Liv'

We've been walking around the mall for hours and my legs are beginning to ache but one look at Sammie and I can tell she could literally do this all day. I ended up getting some new grey bed sheets which Sammie didn't seem to approve of and somehow I ended up letting her talk me into buying some fucking pointless light blue cushions, just to add a flare of colour.

They're only got to be chucked on the floor, I can't really see the point but I was unable to say no to her. Sammie has bought bags and bags of clothing which I'm sure she couldn't possibly wear all of even if she tried. We head into the last promised shop and I'm eager to grab some food and go home.

Sammie strolls off to the back of the shop and I absent-mindedly look through the rails whilst I wait. My fingers skim over the inviting softness of silk and I pull it out to get a good look.

It's a deep burgandy dress and looks to be fitted, with a sweetheart neckline and spaghetti straps, maybe I should try this on? I could wear it to the party later. I hang the dress over my arm and look for Sammie to tell her I'm heading to the fitting rooms.

"I can't find anything I like in here!" She sulks when she spots me.
"Well it's a good job that you already bought half the mall already then." She laughs and then eyes the dress in my arms.

"Oh you found something! Let's go try it on I can't wait to see!" She links her arm into mine pulling me along into the direction of the fitting rooms.
When she finds a free cubicle she shoves me inside drawing the door closed.

"Are you planning on wearing it out tonight then? I bet your friend would love it." The way she says friend implys she believes it's something more which is ridiculous because he doesn't even exist.

I pull down my jeans stepping out of them carefully.
"Yeah I think so, well if it actually looks alright that is. We're going out for dinner tonight so it will be nice to dress up." More lies casually roll off my tongue as I pull my shirt over my head. It's slightly worrying how easy it's becoming to lie but I push that thought away.

I take the dress off the hanger and unzip the back, stepping myself into it. I begin shimmying the soft, thick material up my body and then reach my hands behind gliding the zip up into place. I turn my attension to the mirror and begin studying my reflection.

This dress hugs my body perfectly giving me the outline of the perfect hour glass figure. The material ends mid thigh, not to short but short enough and the sweetheart neckline shows enough of my full cleavage without it being over the top.

"Come on I'm dying to see!" I pull open the door and step out hoping that Sammie approves of the dress as much as I do.
"Oh my god Liv you look so hot! The colour looks amazing on you and where have you been hiding that figure? You've got to get it!" I smile at her compliments but is it to much for a frat party?

"You don't think it's to much?"
"Not at all! you need to flaunt that figure off, it's perfect for going out in have you got some shoes to wear with it? Strappy heels will go perfect with that." I shake my head in response I have untold amounts of boots and converse but somehow I don't think it will go.

Once I've redressed we carry on shopping and agree that I need a strapless bra and shoes. Sammie finds some sparkly bronze ones and at first I shake my head at her but when she places the shoes next to the material of the dress I can't deny the combination looks perfect together.

As I pick out a black strapless bra in my size, Sammie comes proudly bounding over with a matching bronze purse in her hands. The girl has serious coordination skills and I find myself feeling glad that I'd come with her. I head to the checkout and pay the eye watering sum of money and we head to the food court to grab something to refuel.

We settle for pizza and carry the slices back to a table in the food court, sitting opposite one another.
"I think Jackson's stopping round at the dorm tonight you don't mind do you? Were just planning on hanging out and watching a movie." The look in Sammie's eye tells me she hopes it's more than a movie and I instantly connect him to the boy she told me about before.

"He's that guy you was telling me about before right? Of course I don't mind!" I take a bite of pizza washing it down with water.
"Yeah that's the one we kinda had a chat yesterday and decided to see how things go."

Her face glows red and she hides her embarrassment by taking a sip of her cola, I can't help the smile that grows on my face.
"I'm really happy for you I hope things turn out the way you want, you deserve someone to look after you."

And I mean it I've not even known this girl a week but I can tell she's an amazing person.
"Your going soft on me Liv! What happened to that moody girl I first met and her barely there answers." I laugh at her witty comment but I know it's true, she draws the softer side out of me and I can't deny that I like who I am when I'm around her. My phone begins to buzz in my purse and I pull it out seeing that Abz has message me as promised, my double life.

"Girl I need your help I don't know what to wear! can you come to mine for 7? X"

I check the time noticing that the day has somehow escaped me and it's now quarter past 5.

"Yeh I'll come round when I'm ready see you soon x"

I turn my attention back to Sammie and we continue the easy conversation whilst we finish eating.