Sodapop // Kisses & Cake

Imagine
You stormed down the street to the Curtis house. The cold wind nipped at your skin, but you didn't care.

You arrived at the house and were immediately engulfed in a hug by your best friend: Sodapop Curtis.

"Y/n, is it your mom again?" He wondered out loud. He could tell you were angry, your face was red and your cheeks were stained with tears. You nodded to answer his question. "What is it this time?"

You sighed, not sure if you could handle telling him. It's not that you didn't trust him, you trusted him with your life. You just didn't want to deal with the waterworks.

You took a deep breath. "Well," you began, "I'm failing English and I have more missing assignments than body parts. And she thinks that punishing me will make things better. It won't."

Your mom worked at the school you went to, which was hard enough, but she just always had to yell at you. You asked her if you could switch out of honors and go to regular English since you struggled to keep up with the work.

Well, she said no. She said she thinks you're too smart for that. By all means you were flattered, but didn't understand why she wouldn't sympathize your struggles.

You told this to Sodapop and he decided you needed a comfort food. He went to his kitchen and retrieved two slices of chocolate cake.

"I made this myself." He said handing you a slice. You laughed knowing Soda couldn't bake for the life of him.

"Yea, right." He put on a face of fake hurt as he sat next to you on the old, beat up couch.

"Thank you." You said after finishing your cake. You set the plate on the coffee table as Soda swallowed his last bite.

"For what?" You looked into his beautiful, ocean blue eyes and smiled.

"For being here for me. For comforting me. For being a safe place to land. For everything." You were too caught up in his eyes to notice he scooted closer to you on the couch.

"I'd do anything for you." He said, grabbing your hand as your face became hot. "I love you."

He went to kiss your cheek, but you turned your head so his lips met yours. He was shocked but didn't pull away. You both loved the feeling of your lips together.

You two pulled apart and you whispered, "I love you too."
---

Thanks for reading! This was kinda based on something that happened to me. Hope you enjoyed!