Sodapop // Cancer

Imagine
You had recently found out you had 3 weeks to live, that was 2 weeks ago. You were sixteen with cancer, which was hard enough, but keeping it from your best friend was even harder.

He was so happy and care free, you didn't want to ruin anything for him.

You were heading to his house, this being the last time you might have to see him. You got to the front porch and took a deep breath preparing for the last time you'll see him.

You walked in and he smiled before greeting you with a hug.
"Nice to see you too Sodapop." You said after he let you go. He laughed.
"Ok so wanna know what I have planned?" He asked.
"Of course I do." You smiled.

He clapped his hands excitedly and sat you down on the couch. "Alright so bowling then roller skating." Your smile wavered a little. You couldn't do much because your energy level was low and you could die any day.
"Okay, that sounds fun! Let's do it." You said trying not to rain on his parade.

He grabbed your hand and ran out the door to the bowling alley. He looked back at you after a while and stopped running.
"Are you okay?" He asked. You laughed trying to wipe the worried look off his face.
"I'm fine, lets keep going." He was hesitant but kept walking.

You got to the bowling alley and got your shoes. You won by a considerable amount. You couldn't stop laughing.
"I beat you and you had bumpers on." You exclaimed walking out and walking to the roller rink.
"Whatever, I let you win." He pouted.

You turned to him since you were in front of him. He looked up at you and a worried expression showed on his face again.
"What? Do I have something on my face?" You asked.
"Are you sure you're okay? You're really pale." Your smile wavered.
"I'm fine."
"Are you sure?"
"Sodapop leave it alone, seriously." You turned back around and he came up next to you.
"I'm sorry." He said.
"It's fine, lets just have fun." You said, as you arrived in front of the rink.

You were both laughing and having fun. You were so much better at roller skating than him. And he kept falling and this time brought you with him.

You were on the ground laughing which turned into a coughing fit.
"Y/n, are you all right?" Soda asked.
"Take me to the hospital." You said between coughs, knowing what was happening.
"What?" He asked.
"Just do it, I'll explain later." You said as your eyes lulled back and you passed out.
"Y/n!"
~~~
You woke up in the hospital that was all too familiar. Sodapop wasn't there, instead your mother was. She was weeping and that only confirmed the worst.

"Mom?"
"Yes sweetie?"
"Is it time?" Your mother only meekly nodded her head. "Is Soda still here?"
"Yes, I'll get him." Your mother got up and left and was soon replaced with Sodapop.

"Y/n.. What's going on?" He asked taking a seat on your right.
"I was diagnosed with cancer six months ago. I was told I had three weeks two weeks ago." You said sadly.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"I didn't want you worrying about me."
"Y/n.. This gives me hardly any time to tell you I love you." Your heart fluttered, you've been waiting for those words for years.
"I love you too." He smiled and kissed your lips lightly before pulling away.

A tear glistened on his cheek and you weakly wiped it away. He held your hand on his face.
"Tell my mom I love her and take care of her for me." He nodded and you relaxed in your hospital bed. "Don't forget me." You said, barely audible.

You laid there lifeless on your deathbed as Sodapop clung to your limp hand, crying.

Four years later

Y/n y/m/n y/l/n
Loving daughter, caring girlfriend
Loved by all
Gone too soon

Sodapop placed a bouquet of flowers in front of your grave as he wept. He took a flower from that bouquet and put it on your mothers headstone. She died of a heart attack, she couldn't handle your death.

"I'm sorry I couldn't take care of her. At least your both in heaven together now." He laughed a little.
"Daddy, why is Uncle Soda crying?" Darry's daughter asked.
"He lost someone he loved, she would've been your aunt." Darry responded.
"I bet she was real pretty if Uncle Soda loved her." Soda turned to his little niece.
"She's like a goddess come to earth. She would've loved you." His niece smiled. And you smiled because you were watching from heaven.
---
So I'm not entirely religious and if you're not either then fit it to your beliefs I just feel like this is nice :)