/P!ATD or tøp song/

Sodapop: Girl That You Love
Explanation: With phrases such as "surrender all control" and "drown every sense you own" it relates to Sodapop's feelings to Sandy before she left him heartbroken. The lyrics "girl that you love, girl you loathe" is how he feels about Sandy after she cheated. I also think Tear In My Heart would work for the situation with Sandy as well.

Darry: Golden Days
Explanation: "Forever younger growing older just the same. All the memories we make will never change" These lyrics relate to how Darry had to grow up too fast in order to take care of his brothers. He only has the memories from high school that will keep him young in his heart, the golden days.

Two-Bit: One Of The Drunks (duhh)
Explanation: "This is what it feels like to become one of the drunks." Does this really need an explanation??

Dallas: Heavydirtysoul
Explanation: The lyric "gangsters don't cry" expresses how Dallas has this tough and mean reputation to keep up so he feels he can't really show emotion that's classified as weak. And the lyric "can you save my heavy, dirty soul from me?" is what Dallas needs, he needs someone to love him and save him from himself.

Ponyboy: Impossible Year
Explanation: I think this speaks a little for itself. This song is just filled with lyrics looking for all the bad in life. It goes for how Pony felt after Johnny and Dally's death.

Johnny: Johnny Boy
Explanation: (1)"The man deserves a medal, but he's never really won a prize before" (2)"He never really told a lie, but this time he decides it's alright" (3) "The world has left you lying on the ground" (4) "Get up, Johnny boy, because we all need you now" Okay so before I start with the lyrics I'm just gonna say the title is another huge reason. (1) He's been through so much with being abused by his parents and the socs beating him, he never gets the recognition he deserves. (2) When he killed Bob he lied to most people he loved to save himself, and he's never lied before "he was the most law abiding" of the gang. (3) Johnny seems to have no one in his corner (except the gang) and that he's alone, remember, he did want to kill himself at a point. (4) He's the gang pet, they all need him. We read/saw what happened to Dallas when he went to the man up above. (Sorry for Johnny's being so long 😉 this song just fits so perfectly)

Steve: LA Devotee
Explanation: The first lyric "you got two black eyes from loving too hard" makes me think of how he defended Pony in the beginning of the novel/movie. He may act like he hates him, but deep down he loves him and that's why he fought for him.

The Gang: Trade Mistakes
Explanation: "I'll stay awake till I trade my mistakes"  They probably think they've all done things wrong, even though we never read/saw something that would make us agree, which can sometimes make them restless. "If I leave I could learn to miss you" If any of them get out of Tulsa they would be relieved greatly, but since it was their childhood they might miss it, probably not though.

These are my opinions so if you don't have something nice to say, don't say it.