Johnny // Hospital

Imagine (brother sister moments)
You had just gotten a call from the police station.
"Detective Cade?"
"That's me, who is this?"
"It's Officer Ruiz." Your boyfriend said professionally.

Yes your boyfriend was a cop, in fact you worked with him as a detective. You had the day off due to family business. You were especially upset, it was your birthday and Johnny was still a runaway.

You knew he killed Bob Sheldon, you were assigned to the case because the station trusted you'd have no emotional attachment, and you didn't.

Considering you're 21 and have a good pay, you were middle class. Your boyfriend, Julian Ruiz, was barely a soc, but he grew up a greaser.

"Y/n?"
"Sorry, lost in thought. What's up? Something new on the Sheldon case?"
"Actually, yes," You filled with hope, "The suspects are back in town."
"Can we go off the record?"
"Of course baby."
"Johnny's back!" You screamed.
"About that.. he's in the hospital."
"What? Why?"
"Saved some kids from a fire. The fire burnt him up real bad. They say.."
"They say what?"
"He might not make it."
"Meet me at the hospital."

You hung up, grabbed your coat and keys, and raced to the hospital.
---
Julian was waiting for you.
"He's in room 143." He said.
"Don't tell me, just show me."

You grabbed his hand and he led you to the room. You heard a familiar woman screaming and when you turned the corner you saw your mother.
"Why can't I see him!?" She screeched. You walked over anger filling you. She had beat you too, but Johnny got the worst of it.
"He would never want to see you!" You yelled pointing a finger at her. "You treated him like dirt, never gave it a second thought. You made him your punching bag, you and dad. Of course he wouldn't want to see you. Don't even try to argue or hit me, you'll be the one to get the worst of it if you do."

She huffed, pushed the nurse away, and left. The nurse gave you a thankful nod and walked away.

Julian stood by Johnny's room, waiting for you. You walked over and took a deep breath before walking in.

There were two boys, greasers, that you remembered were Johnny's friends. Once they noticed you, they left, giving you some time.

"Hey Johnnycakes." You said sitting in a chair next to him.
"Y/n, happy birthday." Your heart warmed and tears came to your eyes.
"You remembered."
"Of course I did."
"Johnny why'd you run? You could've talked to me, not Dallas. I've got the money for a good lawyer."
"I'm sorry, my head wasn't in the right place."
"It's okay, I'm just glad I get to see you. Even if it's the last time." A tear escaped your eye.
"They told you." You nodded even though he couldn't see you.
"I just want you to know I love you Johnathon." You said, your voice breaking a little.
"I love you too." And with that his eyes closed into and endless slumber.

You bawled and when your boyfriend came to take you out of the room you wouldn't budge. He had to pick you up and you were pounding on his chest, crying harder than ever.

Your birthday was never the same, no matter what Julian tried.
---
Kind of bad
I'm tired