Ponyboy // Track

Imagine
You were the new girl in Tulsa. You didn't care, you made friends easily. You quickly became popular, girls wanting to be you and boys wanting you.

Most thought you would've stuck to just cheerleading, with your pretty face and figure, you were an ideal cheerleader. That's why you were captain, also because of your pep.

You loved cheering on sports, but you also liked being in the sports. Especially track, you lived for track. So that's what you joined.

"Alright everyone, first practice of the season. Any veterans want to lead stretches?" The coach asked the group of athletes. A boy that you knew was named Ponyboy Curtis and another called Jack Allen began stretches. They were the top two boy runners by far.

You finished stretches and got ready for a race against your peers.
"I thought pretty, popular girls didn't like to get sweaty." Some girl to your right sneered.
"Is that why you're here Lynn?" You heard Ponyboy say from your left.

You looked at him while stifling a laugh and tuned everything out except the whistle. When the whistle went off you kept your pace, unlike everyone else. When you saw the others, except Pony, getting tired you gradually sped up.

You passed them in a heartbeat and were coming up next to Pony.
"Got some tricks up your sleeve!" He panted. You just chuckled to yourself and sped past him.

You finished first leaving everyone in shock. You barely broke a sweat as you sipped on your water. You heard footsteps behind you.

"How did you do that?" Ponyboy asked.
"You've gotta pace yourself." You said plainly.
"Easy enough. Would you mind teaching me?" You turned around to face him, your hair flying over your shoulder. His face was red from running.
"I wouldn't mind at all." You said smiling.

You made him think you were going to walk past him, instead you went to kiss his cheek. He quickly turned his head and your lips met briefly. You weren't mad you just smiled. "Meet here on Saturdays, 8 o'clock in the morning."

Let's just say only half the time was spent running ;)
---
No nasty thoughts on that last line
Ya nasty