Sodapop // Boss's Daughter

Imagine
You are new in town because your dad just got a job as the new owner of the DX and Dingo. To say the least you're a soc, but you didn't understand the divide between social classes.

You were about two weeks new to town and most your friends were middle class or greasers. They were nicer than the actual socs.

You had just woken up and gotten ready and were heading downstairs for breakfast. You sat at the table with your father as your mother put a plate of bacon and eggs (sunny side up) in front of you. She gave a coffee to your father and kissed his cheek.

"Good morning dad, what are you up to today?" You asked. Your dad took off his glasses and set the daily newspaper down.
"I have important work at the Dingo today. Which is why I'm hoping you could head down to the DX and supervise." He said with a small smile. You smiled back. You hadn't actually been to the DX yet, but you heard talk around the town that a cute guy worked there.
"Sure thing dad, I guess I'll get going after breakfast." You said and basically scarfed down your food. You hurriedly put on your shoes, not even bothering to tie them. You ran out the door to the DX.

You wore a fake pink cashmere sweater and black leggings. You weren't as pristine of a dresser as the other socs. Your converse slapped against the pavement as you ran straight into the DX. Upon entering you tripped over your untied shoelaces and ended up knocking over a magazine stand. The magazine stand landed on top of you and you were sprawled across the floor.

You heard chuckling from behind the counter and facepalmed yourself. You heard shoes land on the other side of the counter as someone walked towards you.

A boy with the DX uniform picked up the magazine stand from on top of you. He then offered his hand and you accepted.
"I am so sorry, if any are ruined I'll pay for them." You said and blushed from embarrassment.
"Don't worry about it, I don't think any fell out anyways." You read the name on his uniform, Sodapop. He looked like a movie star so this must be the boy everyone talked about.
"Well thanks Sodapop, is there anyone else that works here?" He gave you curious look then answered.
"Yea, my buddy Steve. He's working on the cars right now."
"Okay, cool. Can I just sit behind the counter?" Sodapop looked at you with a very confused look.
"Why?" He asked and you laughed in realization.
"I completely forgot, I'm Y/n. My dad is the new owner of this fine establishment." Sodapop now looked at you shocked.
"Well then, okay. I guess you can sit behind the counter." He all off a sudden became nervous.

You smiled at him and hopped over the counter effortlessly. He gave a small grin and joined you behind the counter.

Throughout the day girls would come and flirt with Soda. He would give you a pleading look and you would act as his girlfriend to get them to scram.

The day flew by and it was closing time. His buddy Steve had a date to get to so he offered to walk you home.
"Sure Soda, I'd love that." He smiled and you blushed. During the walk you felt courageous enough to link you fingers through his and hold hands. He didn't let go just gripped your hand tighter.

He was telling jokes up until you got to your porch. You were laughing and he stared into your eyes.
"Your laugh is cute." He said at your door. You blushed furiously.
"Thanks," You looked up into his eyes as well. "I might have to come by the DX more often."
"I hope you do." You noticed he stepped closer and you just went for it.

You threw your arms around his neck as you connected your lips to his. He kissed back and rested his hands on your waist. You both pulled away and kept you arms where they were, your hand playing with his hair.

"You might want to get going." You said considering he was a greaser in soc territory.
"Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow?" He asked and you nodded.
"Bye Sodapop."
"Bye Y/n."