~~Nineteen~~

Exams were taken a week before Christmas and they were all passed. Olivia passed with flying colors, and Elliot just barely hit the grades he had to hit to keep his scholarship. But as the first Christmas as a married couple and the first one without Lance, it was going to be hard. Olivia woke up beside her husband and frowned deeply when she realized what day it was.

"You stopped snoring so I'm assuming that you are awake?" Elliot questioned, as he rolled over and looked at his wife. She frowned as she sat up and pulled her legs to her chest.

"I was sick, of course, I was snoring and still am when I sleep," Olivia grumbled. She kept her eyes down as her husband sat up and pressed a firm kiss to her temple.

"Merry Christmas, Mrs. Stabler." Elliot smiled. 

"Merry Christmas." Olivia breathed. She looked at him before leaning close and kissing him a few times. But then no other words were exchanged. Elliot rubbed his wife's back gently before hearing his parents get up and head downstairs to make coffee. They were all up early because after exchanging gifts, Christmas dinner had to start being prepped for Elliot's siblings and their families to eat when they came over.

"Want to head down and open some gifts?" Elliot asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"No... uh, you guys can do that. I'm gonna try and get more sleep. I'll be up in a few hours to help your mother." Olivia spoke, before sinking back down and laying on her side. Elliot watched her for a few moments before sinking down beside her and wrapping his arms around her body and holding her close.

"El, go away," Olivia whispered, as tears ran down her cheeks.

"Our first Christmas together will be spent together. I know you are missing your mom and your dad, so I'll stay here and hold you until you are ready to face the day. I promised to help you no matter what, and I'll help you stay warm while you cry." 

~~~

Bernie and Joseph were shocked when Elliot and Olivia didn't come down until almost 9 that morning. When they did come down, Olivia's face was red and she was sniffling a bit. Olivia walked into the kitchen and went straight to her in-laws and hugged them tightly.

"What's this for?" Joseph questioned, as Olivia moved to Bernie and hugged her tightly.

"For being here for me. For being parents to me when my father doesn't even talk to me." Olivia sighed. 

"We didn't really have a choice-" Joseph started, but Bernie moved away from Olivia and smacked her husband.

"It is an honor to have you in our lives. You make our son happy." Bernie smiled. Olivia laughed softly before nodding.

"I try to make him as happy as possible. It's kinda easy because he loves food and it makes him happy. Just gotta feed him." Olivia smiled. Bernie and Joseph nodded as they laughed before seeing their son come into the kitchen.

"So, when is breakfast?" Elliot questioned, and Bernie sighed.

"We aren't eating breakfast, Elliot. We are waiting for dinner. So find something to eat, or else we aren't feeding you." Bernie spoke, before walking over to her son and hugging him tightly before kissing his temple gently.

"Merry Christmas, Ma."

"You too, carrot."

~~~

It was around 3 when Elliot's siblings started to show up. Luke and his wife Darlene showed up first. They waltzed in with their three kids and the kids ran straight to Olivia and Elliot.

"Uncle Elliot!" Gia exclaimed, as she sprinted over to Elliot and quickly scrambled onto her uncle and squeezed his neck tightly with a hug.

"Hey, G-Dog. How are you?" Elliot asked, as he held her close and smiled when he saw Olivia holding Lucy and Frannie close. She was talking quietly and gently to the little girls and asking them about what they got for Christmas and complimented them on the beautiful sugar cookies they had made with Bernie the day before. Elliot knew that she'd be an amazing mother, it was just that they had to wait and see if that would ever happen.

"I'm good! But I miss you! Why don't you come over more?" She asked, as she leaned back and pushed her uncle's cheeks together.

"Because Auntie Liv and I just finished school. But don't worry, little girl, we will be around more because this semester is over." Elliot replied, before setting his neice on her feet and watched as she joined her little sisters.

Elliot stood and went into the kitchen before hugging his brother and his sister-in-law.

"So, did you pass your exams?" Darlene asked, and Elliot nodded.

"Barely. I'm not amazing at my classes, but I did manage to keep my scholarship." Elliot smiled.

"And Olivia?" Luke questioned, as he sat down on a barstool and looked at his little brother.

"She's too smart for me. She is thriving in college." Elliot sighed.

"She seems a little upset today. I can see it on her face." Darlene frowned, and Elliot nodded slowly as he glanced out and watched as Olivia and the girls tucked the gifts under the tree.

"This is her first Christmas without her father. She's missing her mother a lot lately too." Elliot breathed.

"And?" Luke asked, and Elliot eyed him.

"And what? I told you what is bothering my girl." Elliot spoke.

"Mom said you two got into a fight a week ago and that it was over something hard," Luke replied.

"Ma." Elliot sighed.

"Elliot, if there is anything we can do to help, just tell us," Darlene spoke as she gently rubbed Elliot's arm.

"Olivia's parents spent like ten years trying to have her. That's why she's the only child. And we want kids, lots of kids, but she is scared to death that we won't be able to have kids. That in ten years we will still be trying and trying to have a baby. That's what our fight was over. Well, we didn't know that that was what it was over." Elliot replied.

"Poor thing." Darlene breathed.

"She's gonna be okay. I know she will be. It's just a lot happening lately, and it's got her down. But I'll keep her safe and happy."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D