~~Twenty-Two~~

Olivia sank down onto the floor beside her husband and caressed his hair as she waited for him to recover from his fainting spell. She knew that it was purely from shock and he landed in a pile of dirty laundry so his head didn't hit the floor too hard.

"I heard a thump. Is everything okay?" Bernie asked, as she went running towards Olivia and Elliot's room. She stopped when she saw her son laying on the floor with his wife sitting next to him and caressing his hair.

"He fainted. I didn't tell him that I'm pregnant, but I think he figured that out himself." Olivia spoke, and Bernie swallowed hard before stepping over her son's legs before sinking down beside him.

"He'll be excited, Olivia. He has always talked about wanting to become a father." Bernie smiled.

"He just needs to wake up then I can really tell him," Olivia replied. She looked at the sonogram picture before smiling softly.

"Excited to meet the baby?" Bernie asked.

"I have this precious tiny human growing inside of me and I never expected that. So yeah, I'm a little excited." Olivia smiled. She looked back at her husband before sighing.

"It's a little shocking to find out that you are having a baby. Don't worry about him. He'll wake up soon and everything will be good." Bernie smiled. She stood before reaching her hand out to Olivia.

"We are really just going to be leaving him here?" Olivia laughed softly.

"As I said, he'll be fine," Bernie replied.

~~~

When Elliot woke up, he slowly walked downstairs to find his wife. He found Olivia sitting in the kitchen with his mother and they were drinking tea as usual. Elliot ran his hand over his face before looking at them.

"Why was I laying on the floor?" Elliot asked. Olivia smiled at him before standing.

"Because you figured something out," Olivia replied as she walked towards him. She grabbed him by his hips and drew him close to kiss him deeply. Once their lips parted, Elliot examined his wife. He noticed that she had changed completely. She didn't seem depressed anymore.

"What did I figure out? I don't remember when you got home." Elliot spoke.

"I'm pregnant, Elliot. I'm 12 weeks pregnant. Our baby is beautiful." Olivia smiled. Elliot looked at her with wide eyes.

"Huh? We have been using protection. How has this happened?!" Elliot exclaimed.

"Our wedding night, Elliot. We didn't use protection and now we are going to be parents." Olivia replied as she stepped back and crossed her arms over her chest. She was a little angry that Elliot didn't seem as excited about their child as she is.

"We still live with my parents, Olivia. We are still in college. We shouldn't be doing this right now. We should be focusing on school and my job." Elliot spoke. Olivia shook her head.

"No. You don't get to be an ass about this. You should be supportive and-"

"You can't tell me what to do, Olivia. And if I am not excited about that... that thing, then I can be." Elliot spat. Bernie stood and walked over to her son before grabbing his arm and tugging him back.

"We need to talk, Elliot. Now."

~~~

Bernie took her son to the basement and forced him to sit on the couch. She pulled the ottoman so it was sitting in front of her son. She sat down on it and looked at him as she tried to keep her cool.

"Elliot, you have every right to not be excited about your baby. To feel scared and be worried about making ends meet and figuring out how school will be worked into a pattern. But you don't have the right to be a jerk to your wife and make her feel like you do not want that baby at all." Bernie spoke.

"I don't want that baby now. Mom, I have shit to do. I don't need a baby!" Elliot exclaimed.

"Olivia has stuff she does too. She has school. She volunteers. She has teaching hours. But she is still excited to be bringing a baby into this world. She is excited to have a baby with you, even if you are so far away from where she is." Bernie replied.

"We didn't use protection once. Only once. And that led us to have a fucking baby when we are only 20." Elliot spat. He went to stand, but his mother pushed him back down and stood. She was so much shorter than him, but she is fierce. She would not let her son treat his wife as he did, and she would not let him throw away the only good thing he has going for him.

"Listen to me, kid. You are going to be a dad in 28 weeks. You will be raising that baby and helping your wife through the pain of childbirth and through the days following. You will tell her that she's pretty even if she hasn't showered in days. You will get up at night and change your baby's diaper and make sure that she has everything she needs when she nurses. Or you will go get a bottle ready for the baby. You will not be an ass and you will not be entitled. You should know that sex leads to babies, and your wife is having a baby. Your baby."

"But I'm not ready." Elliot whimpered. Bernie looked at her son before frowning.

"No one is ready for their first baby. But you will make it through these hard times. You have an amazing woman on your side and she is so excited to be carrying a baby."

"Do you think she'll forgive me? Mom, I don't want to lose my wife and my baby." Elliot sniffled. Bernie reached out and gently caressed his hair before kissing his forehead gently.

"Go up and talk to her about your feelings. You need to be open with her. Let her know what you are feeling. Just don't be a jerk about it and attack her. She may only be 12 weeks pregnant, but her body and her hormones have changed a lot already. She's not the exact same Olivia anymore."

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D