~~Forty~~

The weeks went by and Olivia got used to her students, and her students got used to her. Olivia felt like another mother to all of her students, which made it easier to love them and all of the weird shit that they always insist on doing.

"Mrs. Stabler?" Chelsea questioned, as she walked towards where Olivia was standing and putting away books at the end of their English lesson.

"Yeah?" Olivia questioned. She turned and smiled at one of the most curious of her students.

"Who's gonna be our teacher when you leave?" She asked, and Olivia frowned. At almost twenty weeks, everyone knew she was pregnant. The kids asked, so Olivia told them that she had a baby in her belly and that in the middle of February she'd be leaving them to have the baby.

"I don't know yet, honey. Why?" Olivia questioned.

"Because there is a lady outside of the door that is talking to Mr. Lee," Chelsea spoke, and Olivia eyed her for a moment before speaking again.

"Why don't you go back to your lesson. I'll be right back." Olivia spoke. She led the small girl back to her table, before moving to the door. Olivia opened it slowly before scaring the principal because he didn't expect her to open the door.

"Mrs. Stabler!" He exclaimed.

"Mr. Lee. Is there something I can help you with?" Olivia questioned, as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"This is Miss Watson. I'm just showing her around." Mr. Lee smiled.

"Well, I don't mean to be rude at all... but my students can hear and see what is happening outside my door. We are currently doing table groups and I don't want them to get more distracted... would you mind moving down the hall?" Olivia spoke.

"Actually, Miss Watson is going to watch your class real quick and you and I are going to talk." Mr. Lee spoke. Olivia eyed him for a moment before nodding slowly.

"Yes, sir."

~~~

Olivia went down to her boss' office and sat quietly on a chair before he came back with a bottle of water. He sat behind his desk before opening the bottle.

"We need to talk." He spoke, and Olivia swallowed hard.

"Is it about my current condition? Because if so... I can't really do much about it. I'm a married woman and I'm having a baby." Olivia spoke.

"It's bad timing for the district." He spoke. Olivia narrowed her eyes before shaking her head.

"No." She spoke.

"No what?" He replied.

"If this is you trying to give my job to Miss Watson just because I'm pregnant, I will sue you so quickly that you'll be the one out of a job," Olivia spoke. Mr. Lee's face went pale, and he swallowed hard.

"Mrs. Stabler... let's be calm about this all. We just think that since you are tied down, that maybe you'd like to just leave quietly and we can give your class to her." He replied, before taking another drink from his bottle.

"If Hell freezes over then I will. But since I don't think that will ever happen, I'm staying. And I'm reporting you. Not only to the school board but also to my lawyer. I will not be bullied out of a job that I'm good at. One that I worked my ass off to get. So if we are done here, I'm going back to teaching my class. And I will be coming back next year and every year that my contract is renewed." Olivia spat, before moving from her chair. She opened the door and slammed it shut as she fought off tears.

She didn't expect to be told to leave quietly when this was her job. Her class. And her students.

~~~

Olivia drove to Manhattan that night instead of straight home. She went straight to the lawyer that she and Elliot had, which was also Bernie and Joseph's lawyer. Olivia was just heading in when Bernie was heading out.

"Liv? Honey?" Bernie questioned, and Olivia swallowed hard before brushing a few tears from her cheeks.

"My boss tried to fire me today... not fire but more have me just walk out and never come back." Olivia sniffled, before quickly hugging her mother-in-law tightly.

"What?! He can't do that!" Bernie exclaimed.

"I told him that, but he thinks that since I'm tied down that I wouldn't want to work there. They brought in this girl my age, but she isn't married or going to be a mother to two kids. But I told him that I would sue him."

"Good. Let's go get him." Bernie spoke. Olivia stopped her as she brushed a few more tears from her cheeks.

"You were just leaving... I'll be okay. I just need to get this going because I want to get home to Elliot and Benson... and I'm starving." Olivia spoke.

"Call Elliot. You and I will go out to dinner and then you can go home."

"Bernie, I hate this so much. I was happy and good for a while, and then Mr. Lee had to pull this." Olivia frowned.

"You are still happy and good. And you'll figure this out. So like I said, call Elliot and we can go talk to the lawyer. I've wanted to talk to you for a while."

"Are you sure? Don't you have someplace you need or want to be?" Olivia questioned.

"I'd rather be here with you instead of cleaning the kitchen... trust me."

~~~

Olivia got home after Benson went to bed. Between talking to the lawyer, getting dinner with Bernie, and trying her hardest to not cry most of the way home, it took a while.

"Hey! I was worried when you didn't get home an hour ago! What's happening?" Elliot asked as he rubbed his wife's back as they walked up to the house.

"I was spending time with your mother... and then I just had a hard time driving home."

"Are you in pain at all?" Elliot asked as he stopped his wife.

"Elliot, my boss tried to get me to leave my position today. Because I'm pregnant." Olivia spoke. Elliot frowned before tugging his wife into a hug.

"I'm assuming we are suing his ass?"

"Yeah... that's where I saw your mother and she helped me."

"He always seemed like an ass to me," Elliot grumbled.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D