~~Thirty-Three~~

She was feeling pain like she had never felt before. Watching Elliot laying in that hospital bed broke her heart. Everything about this situation brought her pain.

"So he's fine to go home now?" Olivia asked the morning after the accident. She was holding Benson close as she bounced him around a bit. He was more like himself this morning, which did bring Olivia a little bit of comfort.

"He's perfectly fine. His cuts will heal and if you keep giving him some pain medicine and rubbing the ointment on the wounds he shouldn't need any follow-ups." Benson's doctor spoke. Olivia nodded slowly before swallowing hard.

"Okay. Uh, I should take him home now... huh?"

"It's recommended."

"Can I bring him back up here? I need to be with my husband and Benson... it's just so hard to know who to be with and when." Olivia sighed.

"Keep him at home. He's still young and shouldn't be exposed to the germs that this place has. So get a sitter or ask someone to watch him." He replied, before leaving the room. Olivia frowned as she looked at her baby.

"I'm so sorry that this happened to you, Benny... hopefully you'll never be a patient here again... I don't even want to come here again." Olivia whispered. She rubbed his back for a few more moments before placing him in his carrier. She covered him up and gave him his pacifier before lifting him up and moving towards the nurse's station. She signed her son out before heading to the elevator. Instead of hitting the lobby button, she was going to make a stop to see Elliot.

Maybe Benson would be the one to wake up his father.

~~~

"Hey there, guys. Is Benson good to go home now?" Bernie questioned, as she kissed her daughter-in-law's cheek before smiling down at her grandson.

"He is. But I have to take him home and I can't bring him back. His doctor said he's still too little and will get sick if I bring him back up here." Olivia sighed. She sat the carrier at the foot of Elliot's bed before letting Bernie see the baby. Olivia moved up to the top of the bed and caressed her husband's cheek before leaning close and kissing the corner of his mouth.

"Alright, Sleeping Beauty. Wake up before I have to leave and take Benson home... please, baby. I know that your head must be killing you, but you still need to wake up." Olivia breathed.

"They said that his brainwaves are still strong, it is just that his brain was badly damaged." Bernie frowned. Olivia nodded slowly before gently running her hand over her husband's chest.

"No matter what is wrong when you wake up, I'll stick by you. Trust me. There is no one else I'd rather be with." Olivia spoke. She frowned when her husband didn't wake up before sighing.

"Gonna leave soon?" Bernie asked, and Olivia nodded.

"I need to get home and get Benson back into his schedule. I also have to get back to work... my hours are falling apart since I'm here more than I can be at work. But, I've only missed one day. I'll probably be missing more." Olivia sighed. She kissed Elliot's forehead before moving and hugging Bernie.

"Joseph and I can take turns here and with Benson. You can go back to work. I know that you aren't making money but you need the hours for your degree." Bernie spoke. Olivia nodded before frowning deeply.

"I wish that I could be everywhere at once. But clearly that can't happen. And I'm so thankful for you two. It helps a lot." Olivia sighed. She reached in and fixed Benson's blanket before sighing softly.

"Everything will be okay, honey. If you want to stay here tonight?" Bernie asked.

"Yeah... so would you two mind staying with Benson? Then we can switch off in the morning and I'll do the morning shift with Benson and take him with me to work or maybe see if one of your other kids could watch him."

"I'll make some calls tonight. They also promised to do all they could. He's their baby brother."

~~~

Olivia got home and she nursed Benson before putting him down for a nap. She went about doing laundry and dishes, before stopping when she heard a noise in the back of her house. She swallowed hard before grabbing a fireplace poker and moving towards the back bedroom. She swung open the door quickly, ready to hit whoever had entered her home. And she wished she had.

"You bastard! What are you doing in my house?!" Olivia cried as she drew her arm back, ready to hit her father with the hard metal poker.

"I needed someplace to stay and you have empty rooms! This should have been my house because it was in your mother's name!" Lance yelled. Olivia shook her head as she pulled her phone out.

"You hurt my son! And you hurt my husband to the point where either he could die or when he wakes up he may be blind!" Olivia cried. She dialed Detective Munch's number as her father sighed.

"Don't call the police on me! You are such-"

"You abused mom! You are the reason why she killed herself! I would kill you right now if I was fine with you taking the coward way out of this all! So why don't you just sit the fuck down and wait. You are screwed." Olivia spat. She kept the poker pointed at her father.

"Mrs. Stabler?"

"Detective Munch, my father broke into my house! I'm looking at him right now and I think you should get him." Olivia grumbled.

"I'll be there soon, Olivia. Just stay put. Is he armed?" Detective Munch asked, and Olivia laughed bitterly.

"No, but I am. So if he won't try anything."

~~~

Detective Munch and his partner, Detective Tutuola arrested Lance. Olivia stood by and talked to Detective Munch quietly.

"So, what did he say?" 

"He was angry that I got this house. My mother left this to me, plus a bunch of other things. So he thinks that since I had an empty room that he could stay there." Olivia sighed.

"Well, breaking and entering will be added to the list of other things we can convict him for. So don't worry, he'll be going away for a while." John Munch spoke. Olivia nodded slowly before sighing softly.

"All I wanted was to be able to come home and feel safe. Especially after what happened..." Olivia frowned.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading and please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D