Birthday Part 1

I got a Facebook notification.
"Peridot's birthday is in two days 🎉 ✨." I don't even use Facebook, but that's beside the point. I never knew Peridot's birthday was coming up or let alone if she had one. Does she even celebrate birthdays? Wait, when did I even start following her on Facebook?!

I shook my head. I need to know what to do for her. First, I should probably get her to talk to me. But then we'd have to talk about... what happened. I really need to apologize. Ughhh, what am I gonna do?! I flopped on my bed. I'll just go shopping tomorrow and get her something nice.

I pondered for a moment. Now that I think about it, I don't know much about peridots interest. She's smart and caring despite her actions. An idea popped into my head. I sat up. Maybe Peridot will like a Peridot! But does she even like being called Peridot? If it was my birthday, would I like a Lapis?

I laid back down. Peridot isn't me, though. What's something SHE would like? She's a sweet little Dorito, who just needs a hug, what could she possibly want. I thought for a minute. She won that PlayStation. I looked over at the unopened box. Maybe she likes games. But if that were true, she would have taken it with her.

Maybe I should just take her somewhere. And that way we can talk about what happen and celebrate at the same time. Nothing like an awkward conversation over cake. I sighed. Why do I care about this girl so much? It's not like she did anything for me.

But nobody really did anything for her either. I want to be the first person to care for Peridot. She deserves it after being with that heartless gang. She needs someone who actually looks out for her. So it's decided I'll take her somewhere nice. I put my first up in the air triumphantly.

But... Where? I lowered my arm as I began to think. I DON'T want to go to the restaurant again. We've already been to the arcade. "hmm." What other places do I like? There's the arcade. The beach house... I gasped THE LIGHTHOUSE!!! That place is PERFECT! It's so peaceful. WE COULD HAVE A PICNIC!!! I HAVE TO START PREPARING.

I jumped out of my bed and immediately felt exhausted. Maybe I'll start tomorrow. I flopped back in my bed and fell asleep.
----------------------
It's the next day, and I already started preparing a birthday feast for Peridot. I really hope she agrees to go with me cause I'm not making this for nothing. I had prepared a small picnic with sandwiches, chips, grapes, and other assorted fruits and also wine. Everything was set aside in the fridge for tomorrow. Now it is time to prepare the cake. It's her birthday, after all, so I can't forget the main desert.

I never made a cake before, so I got my phone out and went to Google. It says I need... "Two cake pans?!" I thought out loud. I looked around the kitchen for anything that looked like it could be used for a cake. I saw something silver in the back of one of the cabinets. I attempted to pull it out.

I successfully pulled it out, but everything else came with it. "AHHHHH!!!" I was piled under heavy pots and pans. I hissed and groaned, pulling the pans off of me. I looked out the doorway of the kitchen, and there stood my mother with a stupid grin. She helped me up. "Lapis, what are you trying to do?" she chuckled a bit, looking at the mess. "I'm trying to make a cake" I picked up a handful of pans (which was like two) and put them back.

"We definitely don't have enough ingredients here to make a cake. Just go buy one," I turned to her. "I don't have any money," she scoffed and left. I growled through my teeth and continue to clean up my mess.

After I got done, I went to the kitchen table. I put my head down and closed my eyes. I heard footsteps, but I didn't care to move. I felt some paper brush against my hand. The steps disappeared, and I slightly opened my eyes. I sat up, grabbing and inspecting the 50 dollar bill.

My mom can be abusive, but damn is she wealthy. Okay, I know 50 dollars isn't really anything, but I didn't have much. I never had a job because my mom said no. But the fact that she can hand me 50 dollars for a cake that she doesn't even know what's for. I've never met an adult that can just randomly pull a 50 out. She's so great to me, despite her drinking problem.

I took the money and shoved it in my pocket. I ran out the door and got on my bike and headed to the nearest baking store.
-----------------
It was a small mom and pop shop, but they were cheap and delicious. I walked in with the money still in my pocket. The older lady greeted me with a warm smile.

The first thing I saw were towers of amazing wedding cakes for hundreds of dollars.

I walked passed all of them and went to the counter. I looked at the options and froze when I saw a perfectly beautiful, blue birthday cake. As much loved it, this is for Peridot. Focus Lapis. I walked over to the little cupcakes and checked out the flavors. Neapolitan ice cream? I thought for a moment. What the fuck is this?!

You know what, I'm just gonna get a chocolate cake, everyone likes that. I walked up to the lady. "Excuse me, do you have any chocolate birthday cakes." She turned me and smiled "Yes dear" she kneeled behind the counter and came back up with a cake in her hand.

"Is there anything you'd like me to add?" an idea popped into my head. "Uhm can you write- "

Next time on dragon ball Z
Sorry this chapter was boring
This chapter was inspired by Facebook, sending me a annoying birthday notification.

(1035 Words)