Birthday Part 3

The wind blew softly, and the sun was gently heating my skin. The sky was a light purple. It was beautiful.

She set out a blanket and placed sandwiched and chips for both of us. "Okay, you're done setting up your stuff, now talk!" I demanded. She got out two glasses and filled them with red wine.

She handed me a glass. I snatched it and quickly drank all of the wine in one gulp. The wine was cold against me throat but, I don't mind. I'm determined to get answers. I slammed the glass on the ground and licked my lips.

"Talk!" She took a sip of her wine. "Ask," she said with a smirk. I growled, "How do you know it's my birthday."

"Facebook," I stared at her blankly. "Wh?! I don't even use facebook!! nobody uses facebook!" She snickered. "I know, right. It was a random notification." I spun the glass in my hand, thinking about what else to ask.

"Be honest, lapis. Why do you want to be my friend" she shrugged. "Cause you're cool, I guess," I facepalmed myself. "That doesn't make sense!! I sell drugs!! I'm a horrible friend!!" She pulled chips out of her bag. "Peridot those things don't completely define you." She opened the bag of chips and grabbed some, and threw it in her mouth. I only glared, angerly.

She looked at me, "what." I took out my knife and pointed it to her, "I could hurt you at any time, and yet you trust me!? Do you think I'm that weak!!?" She looked surprised, but then her expression softened. "I know what you're capable of, and I just don't care."

"WHAT?! BUT-" "Peridot, to me, you're a smart kid that likes aliens and science. You're cute, and you care for people." I moved the knife under to her chin. "I DON'T CARE FOR ANYONE!!!" She giggled.

"You cared for those girls. You know your strength, so you didn't hurt them." I growled. "you also didn't hurt me cause you knew what I did wasn't wrong. Your words, not mine." I trembled, and I felt myself tear up. " You're not a horrible person, Peridot." She gently put her hand on top of mine and pushed the knife down, and I dropped the blade on the ground.

"I know you don't want to be apart of that gang." Tears welled up in my eyes and poured out profusely. "You don't have to-" "SHUT UP, YOU DON'T KNOW ME!!!" She sighed. "I know enough."

She put her hand on my cheek and whipped away my tears with her thumb. "Why did you join a gang in the first place." I sniffled, "My parents, remember?" She removed her hand off my cheek. I was disappointed that she moved, but it doesn't matter.

"What happened? D-do you wanna talk about it" I picked up my knife and put it in my pocket. Y- you don't have to-" "it's fine." I took a deep breath. She was quiet, waiting patiently to hear what I have to say. "I was born into my gang. My parents were basically leaders. They ran everything."

"Ever since I was young, they would teach me how to fight every day. I wanted to make them proud, so I did everything they said and hardly ever made a mistake."

"One day, the gang noticed rival gangs were spotted on our turf, so my parents took that into account and went to deal with it. I was eight, and they wanted to take me along to gain experience."

"As a kid, I was really excited. I have always wanted to prove myself, and I thought that I would be able to this time."

"What ended up happening was... something ill never forget."
———————(flAShBaCk ~.~)
"Peridot pay attention, sweetie, they're from the east" and looked at the three men selling drugs in the ally way. "Mom, why are they here? This isn't the west side!" She scolded me, "They're from the EAST honey, you have to listen," I nodded at her. "They're on our turf, taking our sales. we need to dispose of them."

We were behind dumpster planning our attack.

I'm super excited to finally do gang stuff!! I turned back to the east siders. "Do you understand what you have to do, Peri," I nodded. Mom rushed from behind the dumpster and pulled out a machine gun, my dad following her. She pointed towards the rival gang.

They pulled out their pistols. I snuck in their blind spot and shot one of them in the leg with my pistol. Yessss! They turned around to face me, and my mom took the opportunity to shoot them all, point-blank in the head. They all flew back as blood splatter all over, some landing on me.

There was blood on my hand. I started to tremble in fear. S-she killed them... Just like that. I had never witnessed a death. I knew through training that people might die, but I never knew how bloody it would be. More east siders began to come. "There's more than we thought. GET PERIDOT AND HIDE" My mom alerted my dad. He came and picked me up, and we hid behind the dumpster.

There were sounds of guns, but they all soon stopped. Mom?... MOM! I wanted to scream, but my dad had his hand over my mouth. "Shhhhhh, it's gonna be okay, Peridot."

My mom appeared beside us, and I ran to hug her. "Mom, I thought you-" I looked to my left, and there were blood and loads of dead bodies. It was like the ally way was painted red. The slumped over bodies seemed so lifeless. The smell of metal filled the air. It was horrifying. All those lives... they're all gone... they're dead.

"See that Peridot, that's what dominance looks like"
—————————(fLaShBaCk oVer~.~)
"So when did your parents die," I glared at her. "I was getting to that before you interrupted," I grabbed a sandwich off the cover. She tilted her head. "I'm hungry, let me eat" she shrugged and continued to eat her chips.

Peridot took an intermission to eat
You'll know the rest tomorrow
(1028 Words)