Jasper

"Jaspers out of jail!" I jumped up from my seat, "REALLY?!" Peridot started dying laughing. "N-no" She could barely speak, she was on the floor crying. After two minutes, she calmed down. "I was just playing" I sighed and sat back down. "But she can now get visitors." I helped her up "Are you gonna visit her?" She wiped her tears and her smile faded. "Yeah, I actually need to go right now." She paused and balled her fist, looking down.

"C-can you go with me..." I'm confused as to why she wanted me to, but I don't want to pry too much in her life, but I also don't want to see jasper. "I want to support you, Peridot, but I just can't... not after what I did..." She chuckled a bit, and her smile returned. "Jasper doesn't even know you exist." I raised an eyebrow. "B-but I got her arrested."

Peridot started to laugh again. "You know how many times she's been to prison?! She probably thinks she's been caught or something." I got up from my seat and stepped closer to Peridot."She probably remembers beating me!" Peridot stepped back a bit, and her expression softened. She looked down turning red "When we... Hurt... People.. It's usually to make extra profit, and we rarely remember them."

"Well, I guess I'm lucky to be broke that day." I crossed my arms. I had already forgiven Peridot, but I just wanted to be salty. "Lapis, I'm really sorry you didn't deserve that." I put my hand on her shoulder. She tensed up a bit but then relaxed. She looked up at me, and I smiled at her. " It's okay, Peridot, as long as you don't put anyone through that ever again." Her eyes became glassy, and she seemed like she was about to break down.

ZZZZ ZZZZ. We both looked at her phone on the table. "I-if you can ensure that I won't get hurt, then I'll go with you." She smiled at me, but it quickly disappeared. "How are we gonna get there." I looked around the room and spotted my mom's keys hanging on the wall. "My mom's on a trip; we can take her car" She had a skeptical look. "Can you even drive?!" I walked over to the keys, picked them up, and twirled them around my fingers with a smirk plastered on my face.

"Yep," She quickly packed up her stuff and headed towards the door. " Let's go then." She's surprisingly fast for her height. We got in the car and took off. "Where are we going?" She pulled out her phone on turned on her GPS. " It's about 20 min away."

-----------------------(Nothing happened besides meaningless small talk)

We arrived, and there was a police officer by the gate. Peridot stuffed her gang jacket under the seat. She looked like your average teenager without it.

The police officer stopped by my window. "State your purpose," he said. I shuddered a bit "I-i uhm" "We're here to see Jasper." She interrupted me. "Oh okay," the man went back and pushed some button, and the gate opened.

I sighed and slowly drove into the prison. I parked, and we got out. I was shaking nervously as we walked in. The building was cold and huge. There were a bunch of tables with people in orange jumpsuits next to what looked like, ordinary people. A police officer pulled us into a room with a glass wall and a table that was sectioned off. The tables had a phone connecting to both sides of the glass. (I think y'all know what I'm trying to envision.)

The police officer led us to the end of the room, and there sat jasper. She's on the other side of the glass, and she looked pissed. Peridot exhaled, taking a seat in the chair. She hesitantly picked up the end of the phone. "H-hey Jasper." Why is she afraid of her own girlfriend? Jasper was pretty loud. I could hear her on the phone. "Peridot, I need to get out of here!" She glanced at me, but I didn't think she cared I was there. I'm glad she didn't remember me.

Some fear left my body when she focused back on Peridot. "I'll do everything I can to get you out of here." Peridot put her hand on the glass.

Her hand holding up the phone was trembling. I wanted to hug her or something to reassure her, but Jasper would snap me in half. "Just get me out of here." Peridot timidly put her hand away. "I-i miss you." Jasper's eyes filled with rage."If you miss me, THEN YOU WOULDN'T BE HERE WASTING MY TIME."

Peridot shrunk in her seat, "I-ill get right on it." With that, she quickly got up and stormed out the door leading outside. I quickly ran after her, "Peridot!" She stopped and turned around. "I have to get her out of there." I walked closer to her. I saw the hurt in her eyes. She was on the verge of tears. "You don't have to do anything." She shook her head, "I have to... Just... take me home." I nodded. "Okay."

After an awkward car ride, I went home and plopped on my bed. I yearned for sleep, but I couldn't think straight. I had so many questions about their relationship. Why was peridot scared? Why would jasper's, big Cheeto lookin' ass treat Peridot like that? Why would Peridot even be with someone that cruel? She doesn't even care for Peridot!!

I sighed. At the end of the day, it's not my relationship, and I can only support her. But maybe I can take her away from the stress.

I should take her out tomorrow. Maybe I can get to know her better and try to help her. I smiled at the thought and took out my phone.

Me: Hey, I know you're probably stressed out, so I was wondering if you wanted to go out for a bit and have fun tomorrow.

Angry Green Donut: No, I got a lot of planning to do.

Me: Please.

Angry Green Donut: No

Me: Please.

Angry Green Donut: No

Me: What if I brought a Scooby snack.

Angry Green Donut: Stop texting me.

Me: Nooo, Peridot pleaseeee. You deserve to be a normal teenager for once.

She didn't text back for a while, and I was starting to get worried. Maybe she jus- ZZZZZ ZZZZZ

Angry Green Donut: Fine.

I screeched in excitement and proceeded to put my phone on the charger on my nightstand. I laid in my bed under the covers and smiled as I drifted off to sleep.

Does anyone still listen to fireflies anymore?
(1122 Words)