bitch//e.d

(y/n pov)

You sighed, wrapping your arms around Ethan. "I'm sorry," You whispered. He let out a frustrated groan and leaned back into wall.

"Why did she fucking have to- ugh," He said. You sighed, moving back to sit next to him. You rested your head on top of your best friend's shoulder as he rested his on top of yours. "I don't get it, y/n, I thought we were forever," He mumbled. You sighed.

"I'm sorry, E," You repeated. He shook his head and interlaced your fingers, holding him as close as you could get him. "I'm sorry she did that."

"I just, I just thought she loved me," He whispered. You heard his voice crack, and you could tell he wanted to cry. But you knew he'd never let his guard down like that, not even in front of you.

"She wasn't for you, E, you deserve so much better," You whispered, rubbing his knuckles. Like you. You could treat him-

"But I loved her," He whispered. "And I thought she loved me," He said, even quieter. You sighed, holding him close to you against the school wall.

When word had gotten out that Ethan's girlfriend had cheated on him at lunch, you weren't surprised when Ethan asked to skip the next period with you. You'd walked out of the school, hiding behind your school, ready to greet him with a hug.

"E, there are other girls," You whispered. He shook his head and you felt a tear on your hand. He was quick to wipe it away. "E," You whispered, looking up at him. He shook his head, looking away, not wanting you to see him cry.

"It's fine, I'll get over her," He said, wiping at his face. You wrapped your arms around him and he fell back into you. "I wish she'd just told me," He whispered, after a few moments of silence.

"Told you what?" You asked gently, running your fingers through his hair.

"That she didn't want me," He said. You sighed, squeezing him. "That she wanted Grayson," He said. You frowned.

"Gray?" You asked. He looked up at you.

"That's who she fucking cheated with," Ethan said, fists clenching. Your own fists clenched, and you tried not to let your anger get the best of you.

"But Gray would never-" You started, wondering how it was even possible for the other twin to even think of doing something like that.

"She drugged him," Ethan said, shaking his head. "At that party, I told them not to go to, she drugged him," Ethan said, voice shaking. Your eyes widened.

"Isn't that, like, illegal?" You asked. Ethan shrugged. "Grayson could tell someone, Ethan that's rape," You said. Ethan shrugged again.

"Grayson doesn't want to, he said he wasn't thinking straight but, but he did give consent," Ethan said with a sigh. You frowned, shaking your head. "It's fine, I just want to forget about it," He muttered, resting his head on your shoulder again.

And you wished it could be like this forever. Minus the pain, of course.

"She's a bitch, E," You whispered when you felt him shaking. He sat up and looked at you. "E?" You asked, a little confused.

"She's not a bitch," He said. You frowned, shaking your head.

"She cheated on you," You reminded him. Ethan shook his head. "Ethan she drugged Gray."

"That doesn't make her a fucking bitch," He said. Your eyebrows furrowed and you stared at him. "You can't fucking call her a bitch," He said, standing up. You stood up after him and frowned up at him.

"She cheated on my best friend, I have every right to call her a fucking bitch," You said voice raising.

"I loved her y/n, why can't you fucking see that!" He yelled. You shook your head.

"And I've fucking loved you for years, Ethan, why can't you?" You asked. But his face falling was the last thing you saw before you fainted, collapsing into his arms.

---

"You're supposed to tell me these things," Ethan said. You'd driven up to your 'spot', a little hill by a nearby pond in your neighborhood. "You're supposed to fucking tell me these kinds of things," He said. You rolled your eyes.

"When would I have told you, huh?" You asked. "Between all the times you were talking about your fucking girlfriend?" You yelled. Ethan sighed and ran a hand through his hair.

"You understand that you're fucking health matters more than a girl, right?" He asked, voice soft. You rolled your eyes, crossing your arms. "I'm sorry, y/n," He said. You sighed, looking over at him.

"Look E, I know you liked her a lot okay, I know you loved her, but she fucking cheated on you, and look who's here for you now," You said. Ethan looked at the ground, staring at his shoes. You both stood in silence for a moment.

"Y/N?" He asked. You looked up at him. "You said something before you fainted," He told you. You raised your eyebrows.

"What- what did I say?" You asked. Ethan sighed, looking down at the pond, a little family of ducks, paddling through. "Ethan?" You asked. He looked back at you.

"You said you loved me," He said quietly. You rolled your eyes.

"Of course I love you, you're my best friend," You said. He shook his head. "Just because I didn't tell you I had a teeny tumor in my brain, doesn't mean I don't love you," You said.

"I think you meant, as more than a friend," He said. Your eyes widened slightly and you sighed. "Y/N, do you like me?" He asked. You looked away, avoiding the question.

"Now you know, okay? You know I have a tumor," You said, looking back at him. "How are you, after the breakup?" You asked. Ethan rolled his eyes.

"Why do you always do that, I want to know if you're okay, don't you, don't you understand?" He asked. You sighed. "Y/N, do you like me?" He asked you.

"YES!" You yelled, and you could hear your voice echo. "Yes, I've always fucking liked you, and you were always to blind to notice," You said, lowering your voice. Ethan's face fell.

"Why didn't you say anything?" Ethan asked you. You raised your eyebrows, walking over to him. "Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"Ethan, I'm fucking dying," You said. He began to shake his head. "I'm fucking dying, I don't want to hurt you like that," You said. You sighed, looking up at him, face inches away from his.

Before he could respond, you grabbed him by the face, pressing his lips to yours, enjoying the moment, for the first and last time. "Y/N," He whispered as you pulled away from him.

"I don't think we should be friends anymore," You whispered to him. He shook his head and watched his eyes water. You wiped his tears away. "Bye, Ethan," You said, backing up and turning around. You made your way down the hill, wiping your tears as you walked faster and faster.

"I'm sorry!" Ethan yelled. You turned to see him having collapsed on the ground, looking down at you. He'd just lost his best friend. But you'd lost yours to some girl, months ago. You sighed, looking at him.

"I'm sorry too."