Chapter 25

I was dancing my heart out like no tomorrow, it was a good night. The music was great, my friends were all here and it was a blast. My dress was perfect, my mom and dad got it for me. It was white and strapless, but the top part was a sparkly silver and the white part was a silk that ended just above my knees.

"Cass, can we go somewhere private to talk?" Heath said in my ear so that i could hear above the music. I look at him and nod before pulling on Keegans sleeve. He stops dancing and bends down so i can talk to him.

"I'm going out for a bit... Tell Cole so he doesn't freak out," I say. Keegan  nods and goes back to dancing. Heath takes my hand and leads me off the dance floor to the back of the school.

"What's up?" I asked as we walk back further away from the loud music.

"You look breath taking tonight Cass," He says to me as we stop and he holds both my hands in his. I smile.

"Thanks, you don't look back yourself," I tease making him smile. He steps closer and i step back a little. We keep doing this until my back hits the cold brick wall and he has be trapped between his arms.

"You're so perfect," he whispers to me as he kisses my cheek. I can smell he has been drinking. I mean i know he drinks, but tonight it wa a strong smell. I place my hands on his chest as he kisses my neck.

"Heath, we should get back to the dance," I suggest getting a little worried. He pushes me back and starts kissing my neck again.....

"How is she doing?" Cole's voice sounds in my ears. He was somewhere in this hospital room, where i am sure i was. 

"I don't know man.. It's been five hours and she hasn't even made any movement," Keegan's voice whispers. Why are they whispering? I move my hand a little and i hear footsteps get closer.

"Cass," Cole says touching my hand. I slowly open my eyes and the light was blinding. My throat was dry and i felt like i had been asleep for years. It took me a second to focus in. I was greeted by Cole and Keegan's face. 

"Thank god," Keegan says moving some hair out of my face.  I smile a little and look at cole who looked like a mess.

"You really scared me," he says bending down and kissing my head. I look around, searching. Cole seems to know what for.

"He's out yelling at the nurses to do more for you... He has been here non-stop since you got out of surgery," Cole says making me smile a little.

"You are one lucky girl. They said the bullet was inches from your lungs," Keegan said sounding kinda emotional.

"Don't go getting girly on me now," I tease him making him laugh a little.

"Alright, im not the one who decided to go into a house with no back up and get shot," Keegan says making me smirk a little.

"What, just mad cuz you're not as bas ass as me," I joke making him smile again. "Where's mom and dad?" I asked Cole. His face dropped a little.

"They went after Calvin and his guys. trying to follow them until they lead them to the main person... I don't know, i lost contact with them because i was focused on keeping my sister alive," He says making me smile a little.

"Cassidy," Sam said in a weak voice from the door way. All three of us look toward him.

"We will be back later," Cole says kissing my cheek one more time. Keegan sends me a smile and leaves along with him. Sam slowly walks over and i smile at him but he doesn't smile back. 

"Sam," I say as i watch him carefully take my hand and bring it to his lips and kiss it.

"I thought i lost you in the car... All the blood and then you passed out," He said holding my hand close to him. 

"I'm sorry," I says and pull him into a hug. He doesn't sqeeze me like normal, because he didn't want to hurt me. But i wanted his hug, i needed it after being shot, then having that flashback. then i remember how he said he seen me run home that night, but he never knew what happened. Nobody knows what happened that night. As far as they know i just broke up with Heath, nothing else. I was to scared to let anyone know, and not telling Sam now of all people is hurting.

"How are you feeling?" He asked sitting in the chair next to my bed. I sit up and shrug.

"Fine, im all drugged up i think, so i feel nothing really." i say making him relax a little.m 

After awhile everyone started walking in and greeting me.

"I thought we agreed not to get killed," TJ says walking into the room with Josh.

"Hey i didn't die," I said making him look at me with mixed emotions. He wasn't one to show emotions but i could tell he was scared.

"Came pretty damn close," he says walking closer. I smile and pull him into a hug. He hugs me back for the first time ever.

"It's okay to admit you were scared," I tease him as he pulls away.

"Hell right i was scared. I thought we died in the back of my car," he says freaking out. Josh laughs.

"I knew she'd make it, she is a fighter," he says making me smile. We spend the next couple hours talking until Cole gets a call from dad.....