7

"I know where the Cup is." Clary walks into the living room later that night, catching me completely off guard.

"Hold on, I've been drinking and I'm half asleep-" I pulled out my stele and ran it over my Iratze and Stamina rune, slouched on the couch next to Magnus, "Okay, now go."

Jace walks in as well, "Come again?"

"The tarot cards." Clary went in depth, as Magnus and I sat up, "My mom, she must have painted them years ago, but the Mortal Cup has to be hidden inside the Ace of Cups- the card looks exactly like it."

"That makes sense." I trail off, then look between Magnus and Jace who were sharing the same look I had on my face.

Clary notices the looks, "Wait, why aren't you guys happy about this? All we have to do is find- Dot."

"If Dot had the cards when she was taken, we don't have much time." Jace inhales sharply, "If Valentine gets his hands on the Cup-"

"We know." Magnus got up, "If Valentine started creating Shadowhunters or gained control of demons, it'd be like Beyonce riding on a dinosaur through Times Square- people would notice."

"But- he can control demons." Clary mentions, "I've seen it."

Magnus hums, "Mmm, paying off a few demons is easy, especially since they rarely survive long enough to collect."

I got up, fixing my glove, "Still waiting on Valentine's thank-you card."

Jace softly smiles at my joke, as Magnus ran a hand through his hair, "Opening the gates of hell that's a little more tricky."

"Valentine doesn't have the cards." Luke joins us in the living room, "I do."

I looked at him, "You do?"

"Yeah, they're in my desk back at the precinct." Luke told us, "When Clary went missing, I went to the loft and I cleared everything out, 'cause I didn't want the Circle to track her."

"That's great." Clary broke out into a relived smile, "This should be easy."

Magnus sat back down, "Hmm, that's what General Custer said."

"Magnus is right." Luke agreed, "Valentine has spies everywhere, even in the NYPD, we have to be discreet."

"Discreet?" Clary repeats, "You look like something out of The Mummy movie."

"We'll go in the morning." Luke suggested, "Werewolf healing, remember? This is nothing a couple of hours of beauty sleep can't fix."

-

"All right, cards are on my desk." Luke instructs in the morning as Jace and I followed him, "It shouldn't take long."

It was the next morning and we decided it was best for Luke, Jace and I to go and for Clary to return back to the Institute just to be safe.

I was dressed in a green thermal shirt, the first two buttons being undone, as it was tucked into my black jeans, a black leather jacket, and black combat boots.

"All right." I began walking past him when we came to a stop, "Grab em, in and out, let's go-"

"Whoa, whoa, whoa." Luke stops me, "It'll be easier to avoid unnecessary attention if I do this alone."

I shot him a look, "Are you kidding?"

Luke shot me a look and walked away, Jace crossing his arms and lightly rolling his eyes, "It sounded boring anyway."

"Right?" I agree with him only because Luke wouldn't let us go inside, "I mean, who wants to go grab cards that hold the most important object in the Shadow World anyway?"