29| Jeongguk

Jeongguk wasn't expecting to feel better right away. Taehyung didn't expect it of him. He knew that. Taehyung didn't wake him up for their class.

He woke up when the bed dipped and warm breath fanned his cheeks, a calloused hand brushed back his hair. His eyes fluttered open and he let himself lay there, adjusting to the light and registering the precious smile he was greeted with.

Taehyung pressed a kiss to his forehead and closed his eyes, seemingly tired from classes. Gratefulness seeped through Jeongguk's being. Taehyung always made it simple. He held him when he needed it, treated him with respect and care, and nothing could express his appreciation.

"I love you Taehyung." He whispered.

Taehyung's eyes flew open. "Y-you do? You aren't just saying that are you? Do you feel like you have to? Please don't, a-are you serious?"

Giggling, Jeongguk snuggled closer until his forehead pressed against Tae's. "Yes, Taetae. I mean it. I love you."

He pressed their lips together softly. Allowing Taehyung a moment to settle into it. He felt Taehyung pull him upright, not pulling away. He blushed when Taehyung's hands settled on his petite waist and pulled him ever closer. Regretfully, Taehyung pulled away abruptly. Standing and urging Jeongguk to do the same.

"What are you doing?"

"I know what we're doing on our date. And we're having our date right now." Tae announced tugging his arm towards the bathroom.

"Brush your teeth baby, and then we can go."

"I need to change! I'm in day old clothes."

"I think you look perfect." Tae said innocently.

Jeongguk's heart fluttered at that but he rolled his eyes. "I'm still getting changed."

"Okay Gguk, I'll be in the living room."

Shaking his head at Taehyung's excitement, he set about getting ready. He did indeed brush his teeth and dab a slight amount of cologne, but not too much, on his neck. And he dressed in black snug fitting jeans and a white button down shirt that was only a little wrinkled. He made his way to the living room and laced up his timbs, casting a look over to Taehyung.

"I'm ready."

"Kay," Taehyung smiled, hopping up from the couch and slipping his phone into a pocket.

Taehyung took his hand and lead him out the door, allowing time for the younger to don a warm jacket before continuing their excursion.

They walked for a long time, finally stopping near a strip of stores.

"We'll get dinner here and then we can walk the stores, because it's cold out here." Tae shivered. "But this isn't the whole thing. It would be kinda underwhelming if that was it for our first date. I have something planned for later."

Jungkook nodded, smiling and laughing lightly.

Taehyung wove through the pedestrians with remarkably no collisions, skillfully avoiding people in general and pulling Jeongguk into an opening between two storefronts. He stopped and turned to him with a mischievous glint in his eyes and a smile on his lips.

"You could say this is kind of a hole-in-the-wall restaurant. Jimin brought me my first day here." With a wink they were off again.

Further down this alley towards a secret square. A small, squat building sat in the center, adorned with now empty flower boxes in the windows. A bike rack, painted a happy shade of golden yellow was in the front. It looked like it was in the wrong country. But it was cute and random. A silly thing of beauty.

Taehyung pulled him closer to the establishment, the sound of their shoes on the sidewalk magnified by the emptiness of the square.

Once inside Taehyung greeted the host and asked to be placed near the back. "It's quieter." He explained.

The host nodded and led them to a table in the requested area, that was indeed quieter. There were only four tables, it was separated by a decorative wall. it was stone and tile with a fireplace open to both rooms. There was a small fire burning to take the edge off the chill that threatened the space, but it was just enough to be comfortable.

Taehyung held his hand across the table, letting the flames dance over their silence. It was cozy. Just the two of them like this. He was rubbing soft circles onto the back of Jeongguk's hand and Gguk was smiling lazily at him.

"Taehyung?"

"Yes Ggukkie?"

"Thank you, I really like this so far. I mean I probably will like your surprise, but for now I have to assume that you've been a serial killer this whole time and you've been waiting to lure me away from my comfort zone to finally kill me."

Tae nodded thoughtfully, "Makes sense. I'm glad you like it, though. And I can probably safely say that I'm not killing you."

Jeongguk nodded seriously, "But only probably."

The pair ordered and waited, talking quietly and listening to the chatter around them. With the few customers and the small, but efficient, waitstaff, their food was ready in no time. By the time they finished, business seemed to be picking up for the establishment, so they paid and left with a wave and a nod to the host.

Jungkook allowed Taehyung to pull him from store to store, staring at the random things for sale and watching his breath hang in the cold air. Finally, Taehyung seemed ready to get to the surprise part of their date.

They got on a bus and Tae instructed him to keep his eyes closed. Jeongguk leaned into Taehyung, pressing his eyes closed despite the nerves that settled in due to the lack of seeing.

Not long into the ride, he was guided to stand and then they got off the bus. Keeping his eyes closed, Jungkook shuffled awkwardly in Taehyung's arms. Doors opened and they were in warmth.

"Ah, you're kidnapping me for ransom?"

Tae snorted from beside him, pecking his cheek. "I don't need to kidnap you to have you all to myself."

Blushing, he was finally allowed to open his eyes. They were in school. The music room. The piano had been opened and a table next to it had a plate laden with snacks with two travel mugs. An open violin case lay on the bench.

"I thought it might be cute to do a duet just for us." Taehyung blushed.