12| Taehyung

"Taehyung, I'm hungry." Jungkook informed him, hanging up and stowing his phone in his pocket. "And I'm hot. So, we're going back to my house and getting pizza."

Taehyung was staring at their clasped hands, trying to make sense of the entanglement and not remembering the initiation of the contact. But it felt comforting. And Tae didn't want it to be over. Nodding slowly, he guided them both into a standing position. He held his breath, but Jungkook made no move to take his hand away, allowing Taehyung to relax into its warmth and security. He allowed himself to be led, once again, by Jungkook, around the city that was his new home. The pair retraced their steps until Jungkook started recognizing the area.

He pulled Tae down a side street lined with small shops and restaurants.

Finally, Taehyung felt the need to speak. "Do you want ice cream?"

The younger thought for a moment, then agreed. So, Taehyung bought them ice cream while Jungkook called to order their pizza. They were close enough to his apartment to beat the deliverer, even walking.

Two ice cream comes and 20 minutes later, the boys stepped off the elevator in Jungkook's building. A girl about their age was holding a black bag, poised to knock on one of the doors.

"That's me," Jungkook's hand slipped from Tae's as the younger reached for his keys and wallet.

Taehyung took the pizza, hand feeling cold and empty despite the heat radiating from the pizzas that had taken the place of Jungkook's hand. He followed Jungkook inside after the girl had left and they kicked their shoes off. The younger took the pizzas to the living room and ordered Taehyung to retrieve plates for the two of them.

When he returned to the living room, Jungkook was sitting cross-legged next to the coffee table, sniffing the pizza hungrily. He looked so small sitting there. He stretched his arms up, making grabby hands for the plate. He wore a smile as if he were about to receive the gift of a lifetime. He gave him the plate and took a seat beside him. Taehyung tried not to stare at Jungkook, he really did. But, as the day wore on and the two just kept each other company, he couldn't resist letting his eyes linger on the younger from time to time. He also couldn't help thinking about his kindness, how he made sure he was okay.

Taehyung knew perfectly well that Jungkook wasn't the type to be social or open. He could see that well, since the behavior contrasted starkly with his own. He was the type to make few, but very close friends, while Taehyung wanted to be at least kind in everyone's book. He couldn't help but stare when Jungkook dimmed the lights and turned on an anime they'd both wanted to see. Tae would rewatch it later.

Jungkook's eyes focused on the screen, he didn't seem to be easily distracted.

"If you keep staring at me, you'll miss the whole thing." Jungkook murmured without looking at him.

Taehyung didn't have it in himself to respond. He simply turned in his seat and tried to focus on the episode.

____________________Jimin pov_____________________

*A few hours earlier*

Jimin woke up again to Tae's gentle shaking. "Jiminie~"

Hungover and groggy, Jimin forgot his late night epiphany. All he could think about was going back to sleep.

"Tae," he groaned, "cut it out."

"I guess you do remember last night..." Tae teased.

"Last night?" He mumbled.

Pictures and words pricked his brain uncomfortably, and he shut his eyes against the onslaught.

"What part of it?"