49| Jeongguk

Jeongguk was shaking, pumped up with adrenaline even as he kept himself still, holding Taehyung's hand in his own. He focused on the quiet warmth, having always loved the quiet intimacy of it. Tae was whispering something to Jimin, complimenting his playing while thanking him for praising their piece in turn. Jeongguk was trying to calm his breathing.

He felt like he was back in high school. Some sort of assembly everyone had to participate in forcing him in front of people, forcing him to feel. And even now he can't place what he's feeling, is it panic? Excitement? Whatever it was he wanted to feel calm again. When they were dismissed he pulled Taehyung along, all the way out into the cold winter air. Other students were dispersing, jogging to their cars to escape the chill or hurrying to their bus stops. Jeongguk pulled Taehyung against himself, pressing close to feel his warmth and steadiness.

"Hey? Are you alright?" Tae held his chin gently, tilting his head to stare into his eyes.

And Jeongguk was fine, now. He nodded slightly. "You're very attractive when you play the violin,"

"Oh," Tae smiled, so charmingly, "is that what's on your mind? Am I only devilishly alluring when I play?"

Jeongguk laughed, head falling back out of Tae's grasp, "That's not what I said, you're handsome all the time, just I really like watching you play."

Taehyung leaned down, capturing his lips with his own. He heard Jimin calling out and then cutting himself off, he could almost feel them, waiting on the steps with fond smiles.

But he was wrapped up in Taehyung. His arms. His warmth. His cold fingers pressed against his cheeks as his lips moved over his own. He could feel him almost in his bones, the deep reassurance, the steady presence, the smiles, the laughter, all that was Taehyung washed over him. They broke apart all too soon, cheeks rosy from the cold and their breaths puffing out from their too hot lips in little clouds of cold.

"I love you," Jeongguk confessed. "I really love you."

Taehyung smiled, burying his head in the crook of Jeongguk's neck. "I love you too, so much."

Jeongguk's chest felt full and light at the same time. Taehyung's hand fit into his own again, "Let's get back to the others, they're waiting for us."

...the end...