22| Taehyung

He was lying.

He was lying when he told himself he was fine. He was lying when he told himself that Jungkook wasn't avoiding him. He was lying when he convinced himself that Kookie had been too busy to hang out. He was lying when he told himself it was a good idea to go to the younger's apartment. That's what He was telling himself.

He was lying when he said he was there for the project.

He just wanted Jungkook. He wanted to hold his hand and tell him everything. Tae wanted to tell Jungkook how he felt when they were together and when they were apart. He needed to tell him.

But when Jungkook started trembling, Taehyung didn't know what to do. The apartment was warm, but not uncomfortably so, leaving Taehyung to worry that Jungkook was getting sick again. When Jungkook brought out water with hands so shaky the liquid threatened to spill out, Tae wanted to take his hands and hold them until he was calm again.

He didn't believe that Jungkook was just stressed. Jungkook was lying too. So, Tae finally gave a truth of his own.

"I didn't just come for the project, Kookie."

The younger's eyes fluttered shut. They stayed shut and maybe that's where the courage came from. From knowing that Jungkook wasn't watching him flounder around pathetically.

"May I..." He whispered carefully.

"What?"

"Kiss you?"

But Taehyung couldn't wait for an answer, Jungkook was already so close, so intoxicatingly close. Taehyung couldn't think straight in any sense of the term. He leaned forward and held Jungkook's hand, earning a soft gasp from Kookie.

Taehyung leaned in, crossing the last stretch of distance that separated them, and pressed his lips to Jungkook's.

Jungkook's grip on his hand tightened as their lips moved together. Taehyung's heart slammed into his ribcage, beating a rhythm of surprise and relief. Jungkook was kissing him back. His free hand found its way to Jungkook's waist and held it firmly, grounding himself, just as Jungkook's fingers wound into his hair.

It didn't matter that they needed air, their lips parted briefly for that breath and came back together just as desperately. As if it were a life source. And neither of them could argue. Neither of them would.

______________Jungkook______________

Tae's fingers wound into his and and he could feel the elder's gentle breaths fan his cheeks. He let out a breath he wasn't sure he knew he was holding. And Taehyung kissed him. Was kissing him. And Jungkook was kissing him back.

He forgot about his piano, this was better. This was true. This was honest. The thoughts that had been mixing him up and making him panic fell away. They disappeared, leaving only one coherent thought in his mind.

Taehyung.

He moved his free hand to tangle in the soft tendrils of Taehyung's hair as the elder's held his waist. The nerves swirling in his stomach morphed into butterflies, spreading their wings and flying around. He wasn't sure how long this could go on for. The soft kisses they were sharing, the moments they needed air only to dive back to each other as if their lives depended on it. He wanted it to last forever.

"Taehyung," he breathed.

Taehyung leaned back just a bit, not far enough away so the pair couldn't still reach each other, but away.

"Jungkook."

"Taehyung, I'm in love with you." Jungkook managed. If he didn't say it out right he never would.

"Jungkook." Taehyung was pulling him close, so Jungkook was on his lap.

His lips were claimed once again by the man he'd been avoiding. He'd been stupid. He hadn't needed to avoid him. He just needed to face himself. Speak himself. And now he was held close in Taehyung's arms.

"I wanted to say it first." Taehyung rested his forehead against Jungkook's, chuckling softly.

"Y-you do? You did?" Jungkook stuttered. "Since when?"

He suddenly felt very small and shy, sitting in Taehyung's lap was not something he could get used to no matter how much he liked being close to him.

"Well, probably since I first heard you play," Taehyung tilted his head thoughtfully. "But I only realized it when you stood by me. When you held my hand that day and wouldn't let go."

"I was worried." Jungkook admitted quietly, worrying at the hem of his shirt.

"You don't have to worry anymore." Taehyung promised. "I'm not going anywhere anymore. Not when I have you."

"You . . . have . . . me " Jungkook whispered.

Everything was soft and whispered. Their words. The drone of the air conditioner Jungkook needed to turn off. The yellow hazy light spilling through the windows. Their breathing. The grip that lifted Jungkook's chin so their eyes could meet. Taehyung's gaze.

The way their lips melted against each other's in what both knew could very well become an addiction.

Do you love me?

I hope so lol. I'll be updating as much as I can but u know how writing is. You have to be in the mood. Check out my other books :) ^~^

Not edited much im still tired af :|and maybe it's slightly short. Not quite 1000 but it's in the 800's