Chapter 50

*Your POV*

I wake up, and roll over. I groan when I see the time, 6:13. I turn onto my back and close my eyes. I toss and turn. I'm never going to be able to get back to sleep. I sigh, and sit up. I set my feet onto the floor, and I see my boots lying in close proximity to me. I grab them, and set them on my bed. I slip on some jeans and a sweatshirt. I put on the boots and I throw my hair into a braid. I quietly step out of my room and tread down the hallway. I step into the kitchen and sigh. I open the front door and exit. I shut the door quietly behind me, and begin walking. It's a little chilly for Florida, even though I need to get home. Back to LA soon. I breathe out, and I continue to walk down the street. I look down the street to the playground, the one I would always play on when my whole family would come down here to visit my uncle. I picture my dad pushing me on the swing and I sigh. I walk over, and sit down on it. I push my feet slightly and begin to rock on the swing. I stare at my hands, and I try to sort out this mess of Matt and Cam. Correction, Cam and Matt. I close my eyes, and continue to swing.

I hear footsteps, and I ignore them. Probably just kids. I feel someone take a seat next to me, and I look. "Hi." A boy my age says. "Hi." I mutter back, and I look away. "You don't seem happy. What's wrong?" He asks, and I am taken aback. He didn't ask if I was okay, he knew something was wrong. I sigh, "I'm Jordan by the way, and I don't want to burden you with my stupid, pathetic problems." He shakes his head, "No problem is stupid. If it was stupid, would it be a problem?" I shrug, "I guess if you put it that way." I glance back at him, "What's your name?" He glances at his hands, "I'm Seth." I study him, as I do with everyone I meet. Short blondish hair, tan, grey eyes, strong, sturdy arms, yellow tee shirt, jeans. "Nice to meet you Seth." I breathe and he nods. "Likewise." I look at him, "You really want to know what's wrong?" He nods, again. I start, "I'm dating Cameron, Dallas. Well, I was originally dating Nash Grier..." I get into how this all came about, even before dating Nash. "And Matthew was my best friend. But, he kissed me and I felt something, and Cameron took me to Paris and I think I have equal feelings and..." I laugh, I laugh a long, cold laugh. "This is so fucked up. I don't even know why I'm even telling you this. It's so fucking stupid. I just can't dea-" I put my head in my hands, and I feel tears in my eyes. I feel a hand on my shoulder, and I sigh. "I'm sorry." I mutter, "I don't mean to be that girl. I just, I've been holding it in too long. Way too long actually." I feel him hug me, and I wrap my arms around him. "Hey it's okay." He says, and I rest my head on his shoulder. After a minute, I pull out my phone. I look at him, "What's your number?" He tells me and I nod. I type it in, and put in his name with a winky face. He asks for mine and I put it in, with a winky face also. I laugh, and pull at my braid. I look at the time, 7:03. We look at each other, and he smiles. "Do you wanna get to know each other?" I nod, and we do.

After about an hour, we leave. I walk back to the house, and mull over what happened. Seth. He's a nice guy, and we seem to understand each other. I enter the house and Cameron stands at the foyer. "Where the hell have you been?" He asks, and I brush past him. "C'mon, tell me. You couldn't have been anywhere that bad at seven in the morning." I keep walking, suddenly annoyed. We haven't even fought, but I just...I don't even know. "Hello?" He calls in a sing-song voice. "Hello." I answer, breaking a banana off of the bunch. I split it open and bite into it. "What?" I ask and he crosses his arms. "What the hell is your problem?" He asks and I roll my eyes, "Nothing." He bites his lip, "Nah, something is wrong. Oh, I can tell." I roll my eyes again, "Nothing's wrong. Just...can I leave and calm down?" He looks at me, "About what?" I shrug him off, "Nothing important." He sighs, "You're so difficult sometimes." I begin to walk upstairs, and I hear him say, "And that's why I love you."

I smile when I hear that. Maybe I do belong with Cameron. I walk into my bedroom and sit on my bed. I run my hand through my hair, messing up my braid. I need to forget about Matthew all together. Then it hits me, it's my birthday.