Chapter 52

**Your POV**

"Because I love you."

When I hear that, I kiss him...hard. He rests his hands on my waist and I mess with his hair. He deepens the kiss, and my hands roam his bare torso. He pauses the kiss, breathing heavily. "Which leaves me one question." I nod, and he smiles, "Do you love me?" I stand on my tiptoes and lean in close to his ear, "I love you so much." His face lights up, and I feel his heartbeat again. Still fast. "Since your heart is still racing so fast, I'd assume I scare you." He laughs, breathily. "You do." "Why?" "I'm afraid I'm not going to compensate for Cameron. I'm afraid I'm not going to make you happy enough. I'm afraid that I'm not good enough for you. I'm afraid-" "You shouldn't be afraid." I mutter, and press a finger to his lips. He stares at it, causing his eyes to cross. I giggle and he smiles. I take my finger off his lips and grab his hand. I lead him out of the room, and he turns back. "I kinda need a shirt. My mom may judge." I laugh and he grabs a random shirt. He pulls it on, and we walk downstairs. I walk over and grab a banana. I eat it and sigh. I glance at the nearby clock, it's now six. I turn on the TV and watch a random movie, not really paying attention to it. He sits next to me, resting his head on my shoulder. We intertwine fingers and I stare at him out of the corner of my eye. "I can feel you staring at me." He mumbles and I smile. I kiss his forehead and he grins. "I love you." He mutters and I nod, "I love you too."

When we finish the movie, it's about eight. "Personally Matt, I'm exhausted." I say, and he nods. We stand up and I hold out my arms. "Carry me?" I ask and he smiles. "Of course princess." He scoops me up and I wrap my arms around his neck. We walk upstairs and he sets me on the bed. "I'm going to leave for a bit. Just to go downstairs and talk to the guys. Is that alright?" I nod, "Yeah. You can do whatever, you know." He nods, and winks. "Okay sweetheart, bye!" He waved and exits. I roll onto my side and smell his pillow. He smells good, really good. I smile and look on his dresser. I notice he printed out the dolphin picture and my cheeks glow. I close my eyes, and fall asleep.

-

-

-

-
I open my eyes and see no one. I open the guys' rooms one by one, no one there. "Matthew?" I call and no one answers. "Cameron?" "Nash?" Nothing. I run outside, and the sky is black. It must be nighttime. Wind whips around me, blowing my hair everywhere. I see a figure, and I run towards it. "Matthew?" I ask and it disappears. Rain begins to pour, and I slam on all the nearby doors. No one. No one anywhere. I see a piece of paper flying around the street, tossing and turning in the wind. Everything looks grey. I jog over and pick it up.

Jordan-

I'm sorry we left. I couldn't be with you anymore. I loved you so much. I'm so sorry. I'm so, so sorry.

-Matthew

I crumple it up and throw it onto the street. I run my hand through my hair, and call out. "Please! Anyone!" I look around, looking for a person. Matthew suddenly appears before me. "I'm so sorry." He says, his voice not even human. I run towards it, and his image shimmers. I reach out my hand...I need to touch him again....and he disappears. My memories of us appear around me, and I smile at them. Suddenly, they turn black and I hear screams. What's going on? The memories take the forms of birds and fly away. I run into the woods, looking for a memory that will resurface. The sky grows dark, and the trees morph into monsters. The water turns into an eerie substance. The vines and roots grab at my ankles, and I see Matthew again. He shakes his head, and a gust of wind takes him away. "Stop!" I scream, and the branches take hold of me. "Matthew!" I see him, and he almost immediately disappears. "I loved you." His voice rings out, piercing my skin. "Not anymore." I close my eyes and the tree branches wrap around my body, strangling me. I gasp for air, and I get thrown into the river. I scream, and water and muck fills my throat. "I loved you. Not anymore." I choke, and feel myself drowning. I close my eyes, and let it kill me.
-