4

"You had that kid killed huh?" Barbra said sitting down next to you on the couch.

You knew about her murdering her parents and her rapidly declining mental health but she seemed to genuinely like you, so you weren't scared of her.

"Yeah, the little bastard made fun of my mom. I can't let him get away with it."

"And having him killed?" He motioned for you to continue.

"Just something to make me feel better I guess."

"Well that's alright. By the way, was that Jim Gordon who dropped you off?" Her smile widened.

"Sure was. But don't go getting any ideas." You smiled back.

The rest of the night you just watched a movie before falling asleep on the couch.

Time skip

You got up early leaving a note for Barbra saying you went to school, before heading down to your apartment for a shower.

You got out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around yourself and nearly screamed when you saw a man standing in your living room.

"Jesus Christ!" You looked at Zsasz standing there with a blank expression. "Why are you here Victor?" You held the towel a bit tighter.

"I came to give you my card. I'm assuming some day you'll need another person killed, and I'm sure you don't want to go through Fish again." He held out a small laminated card with his details on it. You took it.

"Thanks Victor. Wait right there, let me get dressed real quick." He nodded and you hurried off to your room changing into leggings and another cropped sweater and a pair of black converse.

Walking out of your room, he was still there.

"Thanks for your work Victor."

"Always a pleasure."

"You want some breakfast? I was just about to make myself some."

"Oh no y/n, I'm afraid I really should get going. However don't hesitate to give me a call next time you need another person taken out." You nodded and he left out the window to your living room.

You walked over and shut it, making sure to latch it.

You poured yourself a bowl of cereal before leaving to pick up Bruce.

Time skip

You got out of the car once you made it to the Manor.

"Hey Alfred."

"Yes Miss. y/n?"

"Can you pick up Bruce from school today? I have something going on after school and won't be able to."

Bruce came out the door in his uniform. "What going on after school?" He asked you.

"I'm trying out for the cheer team after school. So Alfred will be picking you up." He gave you a small smile before heading out to the car.

"Miss. y/n?" Alfred asked and you turned around. "That Tommy boy was murdered last night, I'm sorry. I know you weren't exactly friends, but you still knew him."

"I know. I was there. Detective Gordon told me he was looking into it."

"Yes well, he came by yesterday evening to ask Bruce about the fight they had the other day." You nodded in response and just went back down to the car.

You drove Bruce to school and didn't see any of Tommy's friends sitting at the fountain like usual.

Time skip

Everybody acted normal at school. No one even mentioned the party, or the murder that took place during it. They all seemed to have moved on rather quickly.

Time skip

You made the team. Of course you did, you had the skills, and the look alone. But they also couldn't exactly turn down a Wayne either.

"Y/N! I knew you could do it!" A girl on the team you didn't even know gave you a hug. She was shorter than you, but her hug was stronger than you thought it would be.

"Thanks. Looking forward to being on the team with you." You gave her a wide smile that you forced on your face, and she seemed satisfied.

You drove home in silence. And the next few weeks felt like you were just repeating the same day.

Wake up, shower, take Bruce to school, cheer practice after school, go to Fish's club, go home, sleep, repeat.

But at least you had one thing to look forward to.

"Y/N!" A girl waved a hand in front of your face and you snapped out of your thoughts.

"Hmm?"

"I said, aren't you excited?"

"For the competition tomorrow?" You asked taking a drink of water.

"What else silly?"

You had a cheer competition in the next town over the next day. It would be a long buss ride, but at least it meant you got to skip a day of school.

"I guess I'm excited for the competition." You said taking another drink of water. "The two hour buss ride? Not so much." You chuckled. As much as you didn't like these girls, at least you had someone to hang out with at lunch.

"Oh it'll be fun!" Another girl said quit loudly. "We'll be cheering the whole time!"

'Great' you thought to yourself mentally rolling your eyes.