18

You had no idea how long you were asleep. But when you woke up, your wrists and ankles were handcuffed to an uncomfortable bed.

Your headache was pounding, and you could tell the cuffs had dug into your wrists at some point, the pain was excruciating.

You slowly opened your eyes, there was only one person in the room. He sat in the corner watching you intently.

"V-Victor?" You mumbled out.

He was wearing some sort of strange suit.

"Hey." He came and kneeled down by your bed. "I'm here." He smiled. "Your surgery was a success." He beamed.

"My w-what?" You tried to move but the pounding in your skull was too much.

You clenched you're eyes shut and screamed.

You could just barely hear Victor moving in the room, but when you opened your eyes again he had the bottle of your migraine medication in his hand, holding out a single pill for you.

"Let me help." He said softly, so you opened your mouth, allowing him to place the small pill on your tongue.

He then held a glass of water for you, a single straw making the whole process easier.

"Thank you." You said laying back down.

Victor quickly pulled his chair over to the edge of the bed.

"What happened to me?" You asked as he sat down again.

"The doctor helped you. Like he helped me."

"That's right Miss. Wayne. I helped you." Strange walked into the room holding a clipboard.

"What the fuck did you do with Bruce you son of a bitch?!" You screamed once you saw him, Victor placed his hands on your shoulders, trying to keep you as still as possible.

"Oh, young Mr. Wayne is perfectly fine. I would suggest you you focus on your own recovery for now." He wrote a few things down.

You finally relaxed, allowing Victor to help you lay down again.

"What damn recovery?" You said weakly, getting comfortable in the hard pillow you had.

"You see Miss. Wayne, as it turns out, you were the perfect candidate for a little experiment I've been wanting to try." He placed around for a moment. "You see, I wanted to create someone who couldn't be harmed. Of course that's not exactly what you are now."

"What?" You whispered.

"You see, if I place you in any environment, any at all, you'll be completely fine." He wrote down something in the clipboard. "Wether that be in a freezing environment." He glanced at Fries. "Or in a room completely on fire. You'll be untouched. Completely unharmed."

"So I'm basically immortal. Fuckin great." You rolled your eyes.

"No, not at all. You see, a gun, or a knife can still break the skin, however if I were to toss you into a volcano, the fall would kill you, the lava would leave you untouched. However there is one small side effect." His sudden change in tone scared you. "Your pain receptors will be in constant overdrive." He chuckled. "You'll be untouched by the fire yes, but you'll feel every last bit of it a hundred times more than you would."

You didn't have words. You were confused, and scared, you just wanted to know if Bruce was okay. But at the same time you had no idea if you were even okay.

Time skip

You had no idea how long you had been in that damn room. Strange never answered any questions about Bruce, only you.