20

You sat on the couch in your new apartment, after Bruce and Alfred came back you decided that you liked living on your own. So you got a new apartment.

It was large, with three bedrooms and two bathrooms, it was perfect. You used one of the rooms as an office of sorts, deciding to learn as much as you could.

After dropping out of school after the whole buss incident you missed learning. True you never really liked school, but learning was different. You could decide what you wanted to learn, instead of having some underpaid teacher shove Shakespeare down your throat.

You had been in your office researching quantum mechanics for the past two days, really only leaving the room to go to the bathroom and eat occasionally.

But you decided to take a break from the neat and tidy workspace of your office to research Strange.

You had enough company information to figure out the basics of the whole ordeal.

Harvey took Strange to a facility just outside Gotham, but the only problem was the exact location.

You pulled on a long jacket that reached down to your ankles, still keeping your dark gloves tucked in. Then left to go tell Fish.

You were in the hallway of your apartment when a woman you recognized bumped into you.

"Oh sorry." You said quickly.

"Actually, I was just in my way to your door. Can I ask you a few questions for the Gotham Gazette?" She spoke holding a small recording device in her hand.

"Sorry not now, maybe another time." You tried to walk past her but she moved to stay in front of you. This made your face harden. "Can you move? I've got things to do."

"Like go see Fish Mooney?" She said.

"Like grocery shopping? A girls gotta eat right?" You attempted to cover up the truth.

She switched the recording device off and placed it in her bag. "I want to know where Fish is. And you can help me."

"Why would I do that? I don't even know where she is." You shoved past her.

"Maybe I can ask you a few questions about Indian Hill." She yelled making you stop in your tracks. "I heard you're one of the monsters Strange made."

You lunged at her, pinning her against the hallway wall by her throat. "Don't ever call me a monster!" You snapped. "What Strange did." You growled slightly tightening your grip. "Is something someone like you could NEVER understand." You let go of your grip on her throat and she fell to the floor gasping for air. Her dark hair falling over her face.

"My name is Valerie vale." She said between breaths. "Call me when you finally want to talk."

"Trust me. I won't." Then you finally left.

Time skip

You drove the long way to the bank to be sure no one was following you. Once you were sure, you made your way in.

"Fish here?" You asked the small girl with platinum blonde hair.

"No, but she'll be back soon, follow me." She said.

She was fast, inhumanely fast. But you liked her, she was smart.

After she led you into the large room from before you sat and waited.

"Can I use my powers on you?" A girl with wild dark hair asked with excitement in her eyes.

You smiled and leaned back in your seat. "Depends. What's your power?"