22

(A/N looooong ass chapter ahead. Hope y'all enjoy. Love ya

~Sawyer <3)

Driving back Edward sat in the back seat with Oswald, mainly because he had to learn everything that went down while he was gone.

"So y/n." Ed started. "I didn't exactly take you for one of the bad guys in Gotham."

You chuckled putting your blinker on to change lanes. "Yeah well I didn't exactly expect the weird riddle guy who helped me after I passed out to be sent to Archam. So I guess we both surprised each other." You chuckled again.

"Y/n has agreed to endorse me. With the Wayne name behind me and your help Ed. There's no way I'll loose this election." You could hear the smile in his voice.

Time skip

Oswald had finished yet another speech, you stood next to Ed on the side. As his main endorser, and a good friend to him. He wanted you there.

You saw Ed start to frown out of the corner of your eye, so you followed his gaze. Eventually spotting Butch handing an envelope to one of the board members.

Ed leaned in. "Did you know?" He whispered.

You started to glare towards Butch who didn't see you or Ed yet. "I had no idea." You replied in a low voice.

"I'll go check it out. Just to be completely sure." He spoke quietly, then made his way over to the board member.

He came back less than a minute later.

"A couple thousand. I can't believe he would try this." He said shaking his head.

"Damn it Ossie." You whispered under your breath.

"Alright, lets try something." Ed looked down at you. Damn he was tall. "Try to convince him to stop you know?" He said pinching the bridge of his nose.

"Just don't beat the shit out of anyone alright?" You smirked.

"Not exactly how I handle things miss. Wayne."

You smiled and walked off towards Oswald. Try to keep him distracted while Ed went to speak to a little girl.

"Nicely done Ossie." You said pulling him into a hug. "However." You said letting your face fall as you both let go of the embrace. "I'm not to keen on the idea of paying off bored members."

He was about to say something but Ed came up to join the chat. "Were you aware of Butch paying off the bored members?" He asked in a very serious tone.

"You two don't approve?" He asked smugly.

"Mr. Penguin?" A little girl tugged in the back of his coat. "I wanted to say thank you." She smiled brightly. "For getting rid of the monsters."

"See? People look at me differently now." Oswald turned to both you and Ed.

"Nice doing business with you." The little girls smile dropped while Ed's got wider as he handed her a crisp $20 bill.

"And how do you feel now?" Ed asked.

Oswald glared at the two of you. "Like I've clearly misjudged two people who I thought were my friends!" He snapped before walking off.

You turned to Ed as he started speaking to you again. "I may require some help miss. Wayne."

"Just tell me what to do." You smirked.

"We're gonna take back all the money Butch gave to the bored members, he's gonna run a clean race weather he want to or not."

Your smirk widened, and you couldn't help but notice Butch glaring at Ed. "Then let's get to work."