13

A/N HEY! So I really hope y'all are enjoying the story so far. I know I've been gone a while, but I'm getting back onto the groove of writing, this one is currently my favorite one to write, so I'll probably update this one more often. But don't worry I promise this is gonna be a long ass story. Love ya
~Sawyer

You eventually convinced Lee that you were okay to leave, but Bruce and Alfred wouldn't let you stay at your apartment. They insisted on you staying at the Manor, at least for a few days.

You made it to the Manor in silence, even walking to your old room with awkwardly quiet steps.

You sat on the edge of your old bed, trying to keep your breathing slow.

*knock, knock, knock.*

"Come in." You mumbled pulling your legs onto the bed so you were sitting cris cross.

"Hey." Bruce walked in, sitting on the edge of the bed next to you

"Hey." You returned.

You sat in simple silence for a few minutes.

"How are you holding up?" He kept his gaze forward as he spoke.

"I don't know." You also started forward, letting a single tear streak down your cheek in silence.

"He could have killed you." Bruce finally turned his head towards you.

"You were the one he had a knife pressed against." You took a deep shaky breath, trying to swallow the rest of your tears. "I thought I lost you."

Bruce leaned in and wrapped his arms tightly around your shoulders.

You gripped onto his arm that wrapped around your front, finally letting the tears fall where they pleased, your breaths uneven and shaky, filling the emptiness of the room.

"Bruce, what are we supposed to do?" You felt stupid asking your little brother such a question while he comforted you, the roles were supposed to be the other way around. They had always been the other way around. That was until your parents died, after that night Bruce was so much stronger.

"We move forward y/n, we keep living."

The two of you sat in silence for a while until a few small taps came to the window. Causing both of you to jump slightly, and go over to the window.

"You guys wanna open the window, it's kinda cold out here." It was Salina, she had changed out of her dress and was back to her normal black leather.

"Uhh, yeah." You wiped away your tears quickly and unlatched the window, sliding it up.

"I tried Bruce's room and he wasn't there I thought I'd try yours, hey." She paused noticing your tear stained cheeks and Bruce's look of concern. "Are you guys alright?"

"Yeah, just stressing about earlier." You gave a weak laugh.

"You wanna go settle your nerves?" She spoke calmly, but still with her usual 'don't fuck with me' attitude.

"Actually, that sounds like a great idea. Give me a sec." you speed walked over to your dresser pulling out a pair of old torn jeans, and a f/c sweater.

You came out of the bathroom fully changed except for shoes, so you decided on a pair of leather boots that were comfortable enough to run in if you needed to.

"Where are you going?" Bruce finally asked.

"Y/n never told you? Huh, she used to hang out with me and Ivy all the time." Salina seemed to be amused to the fact you never told Bruce about sneaking out.