25

(A/N if you need a good book to read. Like a real paper book. Go get Glasgow Smile by Jacob Asher. It is the BEST book I have ever read hands down. I promise if you like Gotham you will LOVE this book. It's dark and amazing! Here's the link

https://m.barnesandnoble.com/w/glasgow-smile-jacob-asher/1123082159?ean=9781329695740

Love ya ~Sawyer)

Waking up at 6:30 you stretched out your arms. It felt good, getting at least a bit of sleep, exactly what you needed.

But no matter what, you still couldn't shake the image of that graffiti and those creepy ass people out of your mind.

You got ready for the day with a pair of regular old leggings and an old hoodie, gloves still in their now normal position.

Glancing at the clock you had a little more than half an hour till Zsasz would be there so you quickly made some pancake batter, deciding on making them fresh when he got there. Afterward, you got comfortable on the sofa with your latest read.

The book was thick and utterly fascinating to you. Renewable energy. Something you often thought about but never really had time to put something into motion.

"I don't smell breakfast." The voice came, you glanced up to see Victor standing in front of the now open window.

"Thought you might want them to be hot, batters done though." You got up, placing a book mark in the spot where you stopped.

Within twenty minutes you and Zsasz sat at the kitchen island eating a hearty breakfast. It was odd, at least how normal it was. Two friends enjoying breakfast together.... right before a training session on how to kill people.

"So what was that you were reading?" Zsasz asked casually.

You smiled softly. "The science of renewable energy by Xander Wilde. It's pretty fascinating. Read much?"

"Not exactly. I more of a picture guy myself." He smirked taking his now empty plate to the kitchen sink and rather gently setting the ceramic plate in the bottom.

"Why am I not surprised?" You laughed lightly, also taking your plate to the sink. "So what's first on the to do list?"

He clapped his hands a single time before talking in an overly excited tone. "You are going to put on a pair of shorts, a tank top and." He shook his head a bit with an evil smirk. "You're gonna take those damn gloves off."

"Shorts sure. Tank top, it's like thirty degrees but okay. But the gloves. Stay. On."

"If you don't want my help fine, I'll leave." He started to make his way to the still open window.

"Ugh, fine. Give me a sec." he nodded as you walked back to your room, changing quickly, and leaving your gloves laid down neatly on top of your bed. "Why can't I have my gloves again?" You asked following Zsasz out the front door.

"Mainly because I find your whole Michael Jackson look aesthetically pleasing." He chuckled.

"Uh, thanks?"

"You're welcome! This is for you my dear miss. Wayne." He pulled out a simple hand gun and tossed it to you from the side. "Figure out a way to conceal that."

"You don't conceal them." You stated with a snarky attitude.

"Well I don't need to." He chuckled as you made sure the safety was on before placing it in your bra, shifting your business slightly to make sure it wasn't noticeable that there was actually something possibly deadly inside. "You on the other hand." He let out another chuckle as he opened a dark grey car door for you. "Are a person who isn't exactly known for cutting throats and making tally's."