ep. 2

I woke up with grass tickling my back. It itches.

"Stupid rabbit.." I cursed under my breath as I stood up. I took in my surroundings. Grass, grass, grass, rock. And bullets firing in my direction.

"What the hell!?!?" I ran as far and as fast as I could. A bullet scratch my arm, not deep, but deep enough to make it bleed.

"Fucking hell now I kinda wish we're good spear throwers!"

After a while of running, the bullets stopped. Damn I'm half embarrassed that I ran away. Than again, I wasn't really prepared. Why are they shooting at me!?

I sat behind a rock placed conveniently behind me, taking time to catch my breath.

"Hey-"

"Aaaah!" I jumped. "Whatthefuck???"

I looked up and blue filled my eyes.

Gods.

That blue hair and eyes that I've always looked from afar.

"Hello? Hellooo?" He waved his hands over my face, snapping me out of my daze. I backed up slightly.

Is this what my mom felt with the Khuns? Whenever she looked at them, does she have the same feeling?

My heart is beating extra fast and it won't stop (send help).

"Ah, uh, sorry, I uh..." He looked at me annoyed. "Khun Aguero Agnes. Your name?"

My head shot up to meet his eyes. Blue ocean eyes looked at me, expecting an answer.

"(Y-y/n)! My name is (y/n) Daeyang!" Usually us Daeyangs don't just share our family names. We're supposed to keep a low profile after all. But Khuns are an exception.

"Daeyang? You're from the Daeyang family?" He looked at my (h/c) hair and lagoon blue-(e/c) mixed eyes.

The Daeyang family doesn't have the same hair color. Though most have (h/c)ed hair. What's special about the Daeyang family is the color of their eyes. Easy to miss but if you look closely, the Daeyang family has two colours in their pupils.

Mine is lagoon-(e/c)

"Ah right your eyes. Nice to meet someone i can trust." He shook my hand. "Let's treat your arm first though."

I looked back at it. My long (shirt/c) soaked in red blood. "It's not that bad." I said. "It can leave an infection." He grabbed a bandage out of his bag thing and wrapped it around my arm.

For 10 years I've been stalking Khuns when they visit. Now I'm talking to one of them. Heck they're even helping me heal my arm.

"I told you it's fine." I lifted my arm slightly, winching in pain. "Daeyangs have a slow regeneration process." I froze.

Oh my lord he even knows the family weakness. Fuck.

"Now can you please explain what the hell is going on."

"Did you sleep through the whole announcement?"

"Seems like it." He lets out a sigh. "We have to narrow down 400 people to 200 people." I looked at him confused. "We have to kill them?" He shook his head. "They never said you have to kill them." He lifted his suitcase bag thing up.

I don't get it.

He saw the confusion in my eyes and sighed. "Just because it's in out blood to trust each other, I still don't trust you enough." I nodded understandingly. We just met after all. "Just.. stick with me." My eyes lit up as if they sparkled. "You're not going to kill me?"

"Gods will punish me if i try attacking a Daeyang."

~

"Hey look!" I tug at Khuns sleeve. "That guy's trying to attack a poly-eyed species!"

"Hey, stop!" The boy turns around to face Khun. "With that loose poster you won't even be able to snag a baby rabbit."

He looks at Khun confused and than his eyes lands on me. "These are poly-eyed races. They won't attack people." Or at least that's what I learned at school.

"Ah! Really?" He looks away embarrassed.

We ended up sitting on a pile of rocks nearby. "How come you don't know them? They're everywhere in the tower." The boy looks at him as if he's searching for an excuse. "It's a bit hard to explain."

I tilted my head like a feline cat. "Are you from one of the shadow families?" Now it's his turn to tilt his head. "Shadow families?"

"It's not surprising that you haven't heard of them. They do live In secrecy. (Y/n) here is o-" i slapped his mouth and sent him a warning glare while the guy looks at us with curiosity in his eyes.

"Are you two-" me and Khun instantly shot up. "No! No it's nothing like that!" he quickly said. "Yeah! That's not allowed!" I continued. He looked a bit shocked at our sudden outburst.

I cleared throat and turned my heels. "Well, catch you later dude."

"Did you bring a pet with you?" Khun pointed up. "There's a huge crocodile here."

"I'm not a crocodile!" He screamed. "I'm the hunter, Rak wraithraiser!"

He was so loud i had to cover my ears. "A talking croc! How much did this one cost!" Khun continued. "I'm interested in that black turtle! Now bug off! I have no business with you!" He points to the other side of the field.

"Well, whatever. Let's go (y/n)." He pulls me by my wrist to the opposite direction.

I look back at the black haired guy and felt bad. He's too pure for this world and too nice to die here right at this moment.

I look at Khun with pleading eyes screaming 'save him please!'. He gives me a sigh before charging at the crocodile, hitting him with the suitcase bag magic thing.

"Run!" He screams at us. "Let's go black haired dude!" I pull the stranger by his wrist to make him go faster. He won't win against a turtle at that pace.

Behind us, the crocodile roared louder with more nonsense spewing out of his mouth.