Ep. 11

When did I get so comfortable around him? Only minutes ago, Khun and I were struggling to crack up jokes, now I telling him that he'd be a good actor? As a taunt?

I shook my head. Hah. I'm probably just bloodthirsty and my subconscious mind wanted to get me out of it. Yeah, that.

Or maybe because of our family connections? It could be that too. But nothing else... Right?

"hey, we won this round!" Khun slapped my back, making my body launch forward in a stumble. "oof!...oh, ye-yeah. Yeah, we did." an awkward laugh went pass my lips.

My eyes went sideways, looking at Khun. His hair was tied up with the ribbon that was previously hanging on his head. The style suited him. "you should do that more." Khun looked at me with a questioning look. "that hairstyle. It fits you."

...

"pfft-"
"D-don't laugh at me!! I was trying to compliment you!!"

"hah. Lame attempt twerp!" a vein popped up on my head. "annoying prick!" I clenched my fist and punched his side. "ouch- hey!!"

"um... Sorry to interrupt, but the match is starting..." Bam shyly announced from the throne. He motioned towards the three teams that went out of their rooms. "three teams only this round. All the turtles got scared and hid in their shells." Rak gripped on his spear. "great! I'll hunt you all!" he roared.

"you don't have too." Khun crossed his legs, positioning himself on the ground. "what?"

"you don't have too." he repeated. "don't push too hard this round. There will be stronger teams next round."

On of the three teams tried to make peace. But as he was talking, he got attacked. Probably dead lol.

They started fighting each other, "I told you. You don't have to fight. They're on our side." Rak angrily shouted 'what' at him.

"do you remember the first test?" Khun asked, still looking ahead. "of course. It was to narrow the field from 400 to 200." Rak surprised me a little. He used his inside voice!

"Yeah. The test was about that. But I thought it was a waste of time to go around killing."

He explained how he stowed away three regulars in his bag. Clever.

"I knew I couldn't hide them anymore, so I pretended to go to the bathroom during the break to take them out."

The bathroom?

The bathroom...

The image of Khun's face near mine flashed inside my brain. His hot breath hitting my face and the intensity that his blue eyes bore, stared into mine.

Fuck

Red climbed itself up to my face.

Not now. Not now. Not now-

"now I want to win and go up the tower with you- (y/n) are you okay?" Khun turned to me and sat next to me. Up, on the throne next to Bam.

"huh? No- yes! Yes, I'm okay!" I also turned my face towards him, my cheeks still flushing red. "don't tell me you have a fever in the middle of the game~" he said, his tone worried, but his smirking face says otherwise.

To make it look even more embarrassing, he put his right palm on my forehead, his head also went closer. "h-hey now..." I said, my voice trembling. "Woah, your face is getting warmer! Maybe you are sick!" he teased. "w-what. No! No I'm not!" his smirk grew wider at my words.

"oh? Then is it because something else-" I pushed his face away from my head. "well would you look at that! Enemies hahaha!"

~

"it would be nice if they fought eachother~" by the look of Khun's face, I probably voiced his thoughts. "that's unlikely -"

Just then, a person wearing a black suit and mask started attacking a group of people. And they all lost. "what-" I gritted my teeth.

I have to be serious this round it seems.

It started running towards us at a fast pace. "damn! It's coming towards us!"
"I knooow!" Rak roared, charging at her.

I stayed at the chair, thinking of what I should do.

It jumped up high, flying over Rak and an un-expecting Khun.

It's up to me. It's heading towards the throne.

Should I expose myself? A sword won't do much, she would just jump over it. If I pull out my bow, everyone will know that I'm a family member of Daeyang- from the family leaders lineage none the less! But If I attack with water, then...

I raised my arms, a large mass of water charged towards her from both my palms, it's clear blue undeniably sparkling. A trait from water magic that the family has.

It was strong enough to knock her over, sending her backward.

She unexpectedly threw her staff towards Bam. "no!"

~

The staff was stopped by some sort of sphere-shaped item, sending it flying back to her as she steadied herself.

"isn't that suit embarrassing? I can't bear to see that leotard!" a bratty voice said from the far corner, where the sphere went to a smaller size and floated above her palms.

She wore a Jahad symbol pin on her brown hair.

Another Jahad princess!?

I jumped down from the throne and started rushing over to Khun to help, but was stopped by a hooded girl with long purple hair resting on her chest.

"hey, bitch." she greeted, I could see her white teeth forming a grin under the shadow of the hooded face, and medium-sized boulders were lifted beside her. Enough to kill with a hit on the head.

"back off you good for nothing, earth bending expired grape juice fuck," I growled.
"my, such a foul mouth for a peaceful family. Let's erase that shall we?" with a flick of her wrist, she sent boulders over boulders aimed to kill at me.

I was lucky to avoid them, side jumping left and right, back and forth. Finally meeting her face to face.

Pulling out my favorite sword, I went in for her throat. She jumped back, missing the deadly weapon. "we shouldn't kill each other now should we." she jeered.

"give me a good reason not to send your head to your clan leader." I threatened, holding my sword up to her face. "your father might find you." I stopped breathing.

"what do you mean-"
"your father has set a price for your return. I know us Jigus don't give a fuck about your safety or the money." she licked her lips hungrily, "it's just really fun messing with you goody two shoes."

A let out a low growl. "oh! Did I piss off the little girl~"

"I will end you."
"I don't think your Khun friend will like that." she pointed with her thumb to Khun fighting behind her. "don't want to break your facade now, would you?"

I really hate that bitch.

"Hmph, I'll let you go for now." she scoffed happily, "until next time, fox." she turned around, beginning to walk away.

"you're not just going to leave." I waved my sword against her arm, making blood gush out from the wound. The purple head stared at the blood that begins to soak her black hood.

"I don't have time for you. Fuck off." she continued walking away.
I didn't attack her again, knowing it's just going to be a waste of time. I breathed, "weirdo... then don't approach me first!"

"NO BAM!" I turned around to see Bam jumping off the chair, blocking an attack to a blond-haired girl. "What- BAM WHAT THE FUCK?!" I screamed after him.

The golden staff hit Bam on the head, knocking him out cold with blood oozing out of him.

"fuck No! Bam!" I rushed over to him. Just then, the blue mask on the leotard person cracked open.

Was that... Shinsu?

Red hair fell out along with blood. She clutched her eye tight, screaming in pain.