Ep. 57

"so this is where kallavan is..."

Khun lifts me up by the waist and helps me get down from that airship. I mumbled a thank you to him.

"good luck," shibisu said, "I'll keep an eye on the warship."

~~~***~~~

"why won't you let us in!?"

"we're trying to stop him!"

Those two didn't work, so Bam said, "I'm jue viole grace! The slayer candidate!"

The observer went quite for a bit, "alright... Come in for now..."

As we entered the gate, a bunch of people were already gathered around the entrance, "stop right there!"

And then they threw us to prison.

Great life story huh?
Perfect for the kids.

"damn! I should've kept silent!" Bam looked out through the small ironed window, "now we're stuck in here..."

"it's not your fault Bam. They might have killed you on spot if you weren't a slayer candidate." Khun reassured, chilling beside me on a hanged metal plate.

"look on the bright side! We made it through the wall safely!" I gave Bam a cheerful smile. "true... You have a point."

This place is very spacious though.
I thought prison cells would be more smaller then this.

I was worried that me and Khun would get separated. Looks like I worried over nothing!

Not like I can't just teleport to him though.

Time skip because y'all have probably already read about Dowon's past.

After I fixed Khun's tie, Bam broke the window and we rushed out.

"damn it we're running out of time!"

I groaned as more guards piled up in front of us.
My hand was flared up with water. *Get it?* But Bam puts his arms over me, "let me handle them. I want to try out my new power!"

His arm turned red. Like the transformation thing.

And then a ranker came in front of us. He looked scary to say the least.

After trying to attack us, his pocket beeped and after reading it, he said, "we're teammates until after the intruder gets caught."

So we continued running, but that insane guy followed us this time.

"hey, I can get over there now and wake that Dowon girl up." I said. Less of a suggestion and more of an 'I'm gonna do it whether you like it or not'.
So Khun protested, "what!? That's to dangerous! What if Kallavan is there already!"
I bared my teeth, "then I'll just have to distract him long enough for you guys to reach me."

Not waiting for a response, bubbles formed upwards and I jumped on the first one, and as soon as my foot steps on the next, the first one disappeared. Making sure that no one follows me. "I'll make it out safe and sound. Don't worry, Khun." I gave him one last smile before jumping off into the tall erected wall of stone.

~~~***~~~

When I arrived, the door was already opened.

"was I too late?!"

Maybe not.

A blue light passed my face. I didn't even have time to react to it, or dodge it.

I felt a sharp sting on my cheek and my fingers instinctively traced that spot, and wouldn't you just know it. It's bleeding slightly.

White was fighting with Kallavan.

I hate him but I'll have to help him for now.

"Hey Kallavan!"

He cocks his head at me, recognizing my voice immediately. "looks like we meet again." he said, Face unchanging.

"it does seem like it." my hand started to glow blue. "I see your hand is tied up."

"if you're here for civil talk, then it's better for you to leave."
"I can't do that. Your king is targeting my friends."

Your king

Yours.

Not mine.

"it'll be hard even for me to stop you if you had the southern sea in your control," he got into a stance, "but I see that they don't want to listen to you."

"I guess you could say that. Or at least, 'yet'."

His hand slammed down against the ground, sending the already cracked floor cracking even more. I jumped away from the attack.

I sent my own attack at him, and it didn't affect him. Not even a single scratch.

"have you gotten weaker?"

Walls of water gathered around him, and clamped him shut inside a water bubble, with no oxygen and only water.

"no, just holding back."

The bubble burst open easily, as if it's only a balloon and he's a pin. "that's a stupid thing to do," I only blinked once and he was already in front of me, "when you're fighting against a ranker."

His fist connected with my stomach. Pain spreads over my body as I was thrown back.
And my eyes slammed shut out of reflex.

But I can feel a wall inching closer and closer at my head.

If I don't stop myself...!

But nothing came. No pain on my head, no loud explosions, no broken walls.

So I opened my eyes and looked down.

My foot was above the ground.

I was fucking flying.

This'll make things easier.

"how did you do that..! Only rankers..."
"I guess it's thanks to you too!"
Now it was my turn to appear in front of his face suddenly. But unlike him, I had shinsu prepared on my fist, and it went through his guts.

And it barely affected him.
It only made a hole on his shirt.
"your powers pack a punch. But it's still weak."
"like I said, I'm holding back."
"why?"
"Uh- that's-,,,um-"

And then there was petals.
~~~***~~~

I'm gonna be so busy. My God.

Congrats to me, this is the shortens chapter I've ever made.

It's below 1000 words lol.

Barely below.

Anyways, have fun reading my other book while you're waiting for this one. Lol.

Also funny the reason I'm alive is because of the people I don't know? Isn't that sorta ironic or smth.

Oh oh fun fact, when I'm writing it's either I'm sipping tea with the devil or I don't know what the fuck I'm in for so-