Ep. 34

We gather around Bam as he breathes heavily. "Bam! Is your condition getting worse!?" Khun asks in a panic manner, "what happened crocodile!?"

"I... I don't know." Rak answers honestly. "he collapsed out of nowhere. I think it's better to postpone the test. I know we're in a hurry but..." Akraptor suggests.

Bam sits up straight at his suggestion, saying weakly, "no. I'm fine. I'm in for the match. I can do this." he sounds more like he's reassuring himself at this point.

"Bam..."

We end up taking the test anyways, due to Bam being so persistent. Who can deny that cute face of his anyways?

I receive word that Bam is going after a Xiaxia lookalike. The fisherman of the team.

It should be me battling her! Not Bam, damn it!

Oh well, I'll stick to the scout.

He was easy to defeat. Spray water at his face, get him angry, make Him charge at you, pull out a small knife, it goes through his stomach, he falls over in pain, step on his head over and over until he stops squirming and you're done.

~~~***~~~

Once again, we gather around an unconscious Bam. He sleeps peacefully on his bed.

"geez, my cute pupil always seems to be sleeping when I come to see him." a deep voice says through the door.

We turn around and spot a tall man leaning against the open door frame. "by the way, I somehow think there are some new faces amongst you guys."

"what happened huh?"

Okay not gonna lie, he seems sketchy but also cool at the same time.

"j-jinsung Ha?" Khuns eyes goes wide as the man called jinsung Ha steps closer to him. "what brings someone like you here?"

"you must be that son of Khun... You resemble your father so much. Viole told me you are a great friend of his."

Khun looks at him nervously. "that's..."

"you must be that girl he talk about so fondly. Considering you're the only mature looking woman here." he stares at me coldly and I didn't fail to hold his gaze. "Daeyang? Interesting. He never mentioned that to me."

He turns his attention back at Khun. "don't get so nervous. I changed a lot. I no longer kill the members of the ten families whenever I see them."

Khun still keeps cautious around him though. This man can literally kill us all in a wave of a hand.

"so, he ended up collapsing like this..."

"may I have a word with you guys?"

~~~ ***~~~

Recap, Jinsung Ha told us that we aren't allowed to face Hoaqin. Bam insisted on defeating him, he still denied saying if we don't wanna diddly die than diddly don't do it.

Now, we're just lounging around in our room.

Everyone is looking gloomy and down. Including me. I'm usually in charge of the 'making people happy when they're down' type of teammate, but this just... God!

But even in this foul mood, Khun took the initiative to wrap his arm around my waist. "shit!" Rak jumps up from the bed. "where are you going crocodile?" Khun asks tauntingly. "I'm going to beat that candy turtle!"

"don't be stupid." Khun comments. "as much as I hate to say it, yeah. That's a stupid idea. He's a man who is famous for killing the members of the ten great families."
"I'm still not sure if he can kill anyone from the shadow family, but I don't want to find out."