Mr. Lexington Drops By For A Little Chat

"Nice of you to join us," my father said, his disaproving eyes slipping to the beer in my hands. When his eyes met mine they reflected back annoyance.

What did I do now.

With a roll of my eyes, I looked away from my father and looked at a way more welcoming sight. Sitting across from Mr. Lexington were Niall, Liam, Harry, Louis, and Zayn. Each of them looked up at me with different expressions.

Niall smiled with obvious self-satisfaction. He winked up at me while taking a sip from the Red Solo cup in his hands. Liam, Zayn, and Louis were blinking a million times a minute in confusion. Finally, I let my gaze slip to Harry.

At the sight of his huge but confused smile I let out a sigh of relief. My eyes scanned over his brown curls, green eyes, and dimples taking in everything. He looked kind of different yet just the same. It was his eyes and the way he looked at me. There was something...different. A good different but I couldn't quite place it. Realization mixed with....some other emotion.

"Wait! Wait!" Louis shouted, throwing his hands up. He looked at me then back at the other boys. "What did I miss? When did Vi get here?"

"I think thats my doing," Niall said with an almost too smug grin. 

All eyes turned to him and his smile grew larger. 

Now that I was more alert, I was able to see that we were on a plane. More specifically, we were on one of my father's private jets. Annoynace reared its ugly head inside me. I hated how my father flaunted his wealth. My wealth...partially. It made me uncomfortable. Therefore, I had never been on his jets or any plane before today. I had spent the first 18 years of my life in New York and New York only. Not complaining at all. 

"I bumped into him at the airport," I shrugged. I could still feel Harry's eyes on me. This made me both wary and excited. Because daddy dearest was here we had to keep the boyfriend/girlfriend thing to a minimum. Which was quite annoying because, right now, I was fighting the instinct to curl up in his side.  

"Should I leave you guys for a while?" I asked, reaching up to push a loose strand of hair from my forehead and tuck it behind my ears. From the way my father was perched on a small two-seater couch, facing the boys it was obvious that there was some kind of business going on. 

"Actually," my father said, leaning back into the burgandy chairs. "I was just about to bring you up in the conversation." 

I blinked. Why was I important enough to have a meeting over? 

"Go get us some beers from the fridge why don't you?" my dad said without looking at me. He dug into his pocket and pulled a blackberry out. 

A spark of annoyance ran through me. I'm not a damn maid. If it had been Louis or someone asking me to do this then the LORD KNOWS I would have pulled out some butt whooping sass on his ass and told him to use his own two legs. That's why a flash of surprise ran through the boy's eyes when I turned around without a word to get my father's precious beers. 

Once I was back in the small bedroom, I kneeled down in front of the fridge and opened it. Delaying my time, I picked six beers from the fridge and placed them one by one on the tan carpet in a neat row. I got so caught up in this task that I didn't notice the door open and close behind me. Nor did I hear the footsteps approaching me. In fact, I wasn't aware of the person behind me until their large hands slid across my eyes. My hands stilled in front of me, hovering in the air and cold from the fridge. 

"Guess who?" the husky, deep voice asked, his breath ghosting over my ear and making me shiver. A small laugh left my lips.

Of course I knew who it was.