Betrayal Wasn't What I Wanted But Its What Has To Be Done

AN: I am Larry's surrogate. That is all. Jk. I am dedicating this to a writer named @justagirldreaming because I have spent a couple of days reading all her stories. Amazeballs seriously. Loved them.

Vote, Comment, like, enjoy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dawn (POV)

Life isn't easy. In fact, life is something that has taught me to keep my guard up. To do what I have to do to survive and move on. Because whats the point in relying on another person when all they do in the end is betray you? Betray them first, I say. Hurt them before they hurt you.

My family had never been there for me. In fact, my Dad had always thought I was a piece of shit. Or at least thats what I understood from the days of beatings. But the nights were worse. The nights were filled with innapropriate touches, pain, disgusting acts, and sweat. My mom knew. The bitch knew but never had she done anything about it. Actually, I hadn't known there was anything wrong with my family when I was young. Wasn't it normal for mothers to have no love in their heart for you? Wasn't it normal for father's to hate you when the sun shone bright and love you when the moon glowed with the stars? Surely it had to be! But no. No it wasn't normal. One day I just couldn't take it any more. I ran away to New York. I was only a thirteen year old girl from New Jersey but I was mature for my age. I knew that sex got you anywhere and everywhere you had to be. So I achieved shelter and food by having sex with random men who were just like Daddy. Disgusting, old, and gross. But, of course, misery seeks company. I had been fourteen when I had met Violet Lexington. The frail, cute little girl with large green eyes that gleamed with tragedy and loniless. Her brown hair, long and unkept; her clothes horrid as if she didn't have anyone to take care of her and show her the error of her fashion ways. We had been in an overcrowded Starbucks. Somehow she had found a table to sit at while she sipped on her coffee. Leon, my 'boyfriend' at the time, hadn't given me any money that morning so I didn't get anything. Instead, I stood at the other side of Starbucks staring at this girl. Something about her just... striked my curiousity. Everything about her, the way her eyes flitted nervously around the room or the way she tugged anxiously at her oversized clothes. She screamed 'lost'.

Let me tell you. I didn't have many friends. I had boyfriends but I don't think they kept me around for my company. I was bored with my life. All that it entailed was sex, sex, and more sex. I needed a new toy to play with and manipulate. So I approached this girl. It wasn't hard for me to get into her otherwise vacant inner circle. She had invited me with open arms, eager to have somebody to talk to. Violet was a weird girl. She often talked to her applainces. Her refridgerator was named 'Nancy' and she hadn't let me sit on the blue love seat in the corner because 'Selena's blue exterior is too delicate'. She had come across as a little bit crazy but I knew that it was nothing serious. She just had a case of the lonely bug.

So I played my game with her. I had gotten her to lose her virginity. I had gotten us arrested for running nude through central park in the middle of the day, I had gotten her to steal a bag of chips from a chinese resteraunt. Violet Lexington had been my little, impressionable puppet.

But....when it had been time to drop her like an outdated toy, I had found that I couldn't do it. This lonely, cute, quiet girl had changed into something more. She had become confident, independent, outspoken, street smart, flirty, and, most of all, mine. The new Violet Lexington was my creation. Something I had worked hard on. I had ripped her out of her cacoon and forced her wings open so that she could become a butterfly. I had done that.

And that wasn't even the beginning of it.

I admit it. I was lonely. We were two lost souls with nobody else but each other. We had become two peas in a pod. She was my wing woman at nights in the clubs. She was my source of amusement with her quirky, lude humor.

I loved her like a sister.

So why was I sitting in my new apartment staring at the new phone as if it held my future? I didn't want to become Mr. Lexington's spy. I didn't want to betray the only person who had never done bad by me. But I needed to. Because sleeping with guys for food and shelter was tiring. It drained my soul and punctured holes into my cold, unloved heart. Mr. Lexington had offered me food and shelter and money. I couldn't give up something so precious.

So I have to go back to the one rule I have always upheld. Do what I have to do to survive and move on.

I raised the phone to my ear after dialing Violet's number.

She didn't pick up.

That's okay. I'll call her later to get facts that Mr. Lexington were going to collect to ruin her life.

But something deep in me that I had turned off years ago hoped that my creation, Violet Lexington, would never answer my calls.