Chapter 28

I stood there, completely frozen

I stood there, completely frozen. I don't know what to say. I don't know how to react. I planned this many times in my head. If I see him, I'll act formal. Not like this. Not shaking in front of him in the verge of crying. 

He turned his head towards the door. Where Yunseong dropped me off. He then looked at me again. His stares was too deep and It's like piercing into my skin. I can't take it. His stares used to be so.. soft.

"I forgave you yesterday for making me wait for four hours. Four hours of me waiting for someone who will never come. I thought you're going to make me wait again for that long. Had a date that's why?"

My eyes widened even more. Why.. Why is he saying that to me? H-how could he say that? He's not the Seungwoo hyung I know. He's.. not like that. He will never say something like that. He was so gentle.. Why...

"N-no. Please don't misunderstand. My Eunsang was rushed into the h-hospital yesterday. Forgive me but he's more important and I was not able to contact you. W-we encountered a heavy traffic earlier.. that's why.." I answered as I looked at my feet. I can't look at his eyes anymore.

"Take a seat then."

I nodded slowly and sat down in front of him. I held my hand tightly to stop them from shaking too much. He started talking about something but I somehow can't understand it. It seems like I can't hear anything and just stared at him. 

I scanned him silently. His jaw became more prominent than before. His hair grew a little longer. His voice became a little deeper. His body became more built. The way he talk.. changed. All of it changed. It's like he was a different person in front of me.

"Son Dongpyo-ssi are you listening?" 

Ssi...

I went back to reality and looked at him. I said sorry to him but it looks like it made him mad even more. He clenched his jaw and furrowed his eyebrows.

"This meeting is pointless if you won't listen. Do you want to continue this or not?" He asked. I gulped before saying sorry once again. This time, I listened. Not wanting to anger him even more.

He was not against our plan, he just added some details on it. He was so serious and very formal. I glance at him every now and then but he never did. He never looked at me. 

"That's all. We'll meet again soon when the both of us are not busy." He said then fixed his things immediately, wanting to leave quickly. I slowly put my things on my bag as I took glances on him.

His phone then rang displaying someone's name.

Kwon Eunbi.

I gulped then looked at him. He grabbed his phone and stood up. I stood up as well. He bid his goodbye coldly and left. He left me alone standing there. I don't know how long was I looking at the door. Not knowing that I'm hoping he'll come back.