Chapter 15

SYLVIA

GESTE HAS BEEN acting weird since last night she met Marie. She's being quiet and distant, but maybe like what she said, she's just tired. But something is off with her.

Like right now, we're having dinner, and she's timid. And when we talk about Dad and Marie, her expressions are something that I can't read.

I've never really talked to her in person in seven years, but thanks to the help of social media, we managed to get to know each other well ever since I apologized to her. We get to know what each other likes and don'ts, simple things, and secrets. Even her first love, but she never told me the name of that girl.

I guess she just doesn't want to bother the girl anymore because she said she is happily married right now. Sad, right? But we have Fiona now, and I like Fiona for her. She's charming and kind. I wonder if she will stay here if Geste accepts Dad's offer.

I look at my big sis, and she's digging her plate, just messing with the food in it.

And right now, I can tell that something is bothering her. I'll ask her later.

"How's school, baby? Are there any cute boys grabbing your attention right now?" she asked, obviously avoiding the wedding topic. Why is that so? I'll let it go as of now. I'm going to ask her later what is wrong with her.

"School is fine. I'm beating your record now. And Nah, no boys. I think I like girls now." I jokingly added.

Dad and Geste looked at me with wide eyes. Their reactions were priceless. I regret leaving my phone in my room.

"What? Are you buying it? I'm just joking. I'm busy with my music right now and have no time for relationships yet." I laugh.

Yes, I play instruments. We have a band with my friends, and you can say we're famous in our town because we're an all-girls band. I'm the drummer and, at the same time, one of the vocalists. Our band's name is "7 Goddesses." It was picked by our lead guitarist and the band leader, Sheila.

I don't know why she chose that name, but her explanation was we are seven in the group, and people said that we look like goddesses, and yeah, that's true. We're talented, hot teen girls. Our genre is not specified because we can play and sing all genres. My bandmates are good. We got a lot of gigs also, so I'm a little busy entertaining boy now. They'll just add to the pressures in my life.

"But it's no biggie, baby, if you are. I'll support you like I supported your sister," Dad said sincerely.

Oh really? I think I'll consider dating girls now since no boys caught my interest. Nope, I'm straight. Am I? I shrug the thoughts I had.

I saw Geste winch as if someone elbowed her, and then she changed her expression abruptly with an 'I'll support you' look when she noticed I was looking at her. What was that expression? There is something wrong with her. And I'm going to find what's bothering her. I don't like to see my sister like this.

~*~

GESTE

"EVERYONE, this is my daughter, Maria Geste Stuart. She'll be one of the important people in this company and effective today she has all the right to do whatever she pleases in this company. Please take care of her," Dad said to the board members, who looked at me with mixed glances and stares.

Most of the men are checking me out, and they look at me with total lust in their eyes. Also, one of the members of the board, who happened to be a woman, is a stunning one and is not shy to check me out. She's like eye flirting to me right now. It is going to be interesting. And the other woman on the board, who I think was in her forties, was pissed. Jealous bitch.