Chapter 20

MARIE

"COME on, Marie. Just this once, please," Bianca said with a pleading look.

"Are you going to do this?" I ask her with an uncertain tone.

She nodded with a frown on her face. "One hundred percent sure."

"Bianca, I don't want to interfere in your relationship. I don't want to mess with other people's problems right now. I have too many things to deal with," I said, heading back to my car.

"Marie! Please!" She called. "I'm your best friend, remember? Please just do this once. Please." She sounds desperate, and she's right; she is my best friend, and whatever happens to her will be my concern.

"Alright. Just this once. Okay?" She smiled and dragged me inside the building. She knows that I can't say no to her when she brings up the best friend thing. I sigh. What a great friend!

We're at the Mall of Asia because she's stalking her boyfriend, Mike. She claims Mike is cheating on her, so we ended up here to check if it's true. But as far as I know, Mike was totally in love with this crazy woman.

I've known Mike for years, and I can tell he's loyal to her. But Mike sometimes has this absence on their dates, and he keeps telling Bianca he's just busy with the soccer practice, but Bianca doesn't buy his alibis. Bianca is convinced that Mike is doing something inappropriate.

The mall, as usual, was full of people. There were more of them because there was a show or a semi-concert from a new girl group band, the "7 Goddesses."

Hmm... sounds familiar. I thought to myself, but I can't pull in my thoughts where I heard that name from. They were just on the first floor of MOA, and everybody could hear or at least see them. But I can't see them because I'm nearsighted and so far from them.

Bianca pulled me closer to the crowd. Many teens, girls, and boys are shouting and yelling. That's why I hated concerts sometimes. I hate too much loudness.

"Come. Let's hear this teen girl singing. You know they're pretty good and stunning. Their songs are also nice. I love this band!" she shouted in my ear. She needed to do that because, honestly, the place was too loud.

I raised one eyebrow. What happened to the stalking Mike mission?

Before I could ask her, she screamed like teenagers did when the band was singing. Argh, what a child. They're singing their version of David Guetta's Titanium. When I saw that she was enjoying the show, I just stood there beside her and decided to listen to the band.

Bianca had this dream when we were in high school. She wants to join a band, but her parents wouldn't let her because they said joining the stupid bands would get Bianca nowhere. So as the obedient daughter as she is, she obeyed them. That's why I understand her fondness for teen girl bands.

Speaking of the band, I can say they were pretty good. I'm not good at music, and I'm a horrible singer, but Kaye has taught me more about music. Kaye was an outstanding singer, and she played the guitar so well while singing.

I shrugged the thought off before I could think of other things again.

"Let's go, Bianca. I thought we're here to look for Mike?" I spoke close to her ear. The crowd was silent for a moment because the vocalist was saying something about the special privilege for the one who won the raffle ticket and got a free requested song live from the band.

"Just one more song, please? I admire these little cuties," she said, grabbing my arm closely. Afraid that I would just walk away. She knew me too well because I do that all the time to her. I sigh and just stare blankly at her victory smiling face. Then she focused her eyes again on the stage.

"Alrighty. Miss Winner will get a one-day date from all the seven of us, for free and a song request for today," the crowd cheered. Some of them are jealous of the winner. I smiled when I saw the winner grinning widely. She looks like she won a million bucks from the lottery. "So what is your song request, Miss?" the vocalist asks the winner, who has pure excitement and happiness on her face. Oh, she must adore the band.

"I love old songs, so If you know Destiny Child's Brown Eyes, please sing It, dedicated to my girlfriend over there." Then she pointed to the other side of the stage. There stood a beautiful young toffee-colored hair girl. I felt my body freeze when I heard what she requested. That song means so much to me. It was like a heartbreak song for me.

You can hear 'oh,' 'wooh,' 'awes' from the crowd. Some boys are disappointed because the girl on the stage was also pretty, knowing they can't have her because she likes girls. I grinned at their reactions and admired the girl on the stage because she had a lot of guts to shout about her sexuality, unlike me.

"Oh yeah." The vocalist was shocked but still smiling. "Come here, cutie girlfriend. Join your girl here." The crowd cheered more loudly when the toffee-colored hair girl went upstage with confidence and kissed the other girl on the cheeks.

"Dykes! Go to hell!" A young boy shouted from the other side then he gave a high five to his buddy who was on his side. I didn't realize that I was clenching my jaw when I heard what he said. Bianca noticed my reaction, and she patted me on my back with an Ignore-him look.

"Asshole! Jealous freak!" A gay guy shouted near at him. He was about to shout back when he saw that the gay was taller and more muscular than him. The boy silently watches again, and the other fans snicker at the boy's cowardliness. He blushed deeply in embarrassment. Serves him right!

"Alright, guys. Now okay, cool down," the vocalist said." This would be our last song for the night. Please check our website www.demigodseven.com.ph to see the schedule of our tours, guests, and shows. Thank you and Adios!"

The winner patted the shoulder of the vocalist before they could proceed.

"Yes?" the vocalist said. The girl winner whispered something to her then the vocalist nodded. "Well, it seems they wanted the drummer to sing this song for them. Just change the He to She Aly." The couple grinned and went offstage. "Hit It, Sylvia!"

The crowd growled more like mad people. They cheered, "Sylvia! Sylvia! Sylvia!"

Wait? 7 Goddesses? Sylvia? It was too late when I recognized whose band it was. I didn't recognize her because one of her cymbals blocked her face. Then I moved a little to confirm who it was, but she started singing before I could see her.

Remember the first day when I saw your face

remember the first day when you smiled at me

you stepped to me, and then you said to

me

I was the woman you dreamed about

"Holy cow! She looks like Kaye, Mar. And her voice, her voice sounded like Kaye! Omigosh!" Bianca said, shouting in my ear. The crowd was singing with her.

I never really attended the shows or heard Sylvia sing, but I know she has a pleasant voice and band. But I didn't know they were as famous as this. Yes, she sounded like Kaye. It frustrates me more. I think I wanted to cry.

"Yes, because that's her sister," I managed to say without choking. She never really met Sylvia, only David. I don't know why but it's just like that.

"Holy Shit! Destiny's playing you, eh," she said and kept silent when she saw that I was not in the mood to talk about it.

The way we held each other's hand

the way we talked, the way we laughed

it felt so good to find true love

I knew right then, and there you were, the one

Her soothing voice filled the area. Sylvia's voice is somewhat closely alike to her big sister, but not to be biased, the older Stuart has a voice of an angel. I still remember this song as the last song I sang for her before my mother caught us making love in my apartment. I feel the tears will fall in my eyes if I stay longer in the concert hall.

So I sprinted away from the crowd with Bianca calling my name, but I didn't budge to look back.