Twenty-Seven

Three weeks later

"Minji, you need to eat your food!" Taehyung lifts his daughter and places her to sit down around the table. As soon as he walks away, she drops herself onto the floor and begins crying. "You lied to me. I don't want to eat anything you make!"

"I did not lie to you. Now cut it out and eat your food! If you don't, I am going to punish you."

"You lied to me. You said Jinnie wasn't going to leave me like Appa did, but now both of them are gone. You are a liar, you took both of them from me." Minji got up off the floor and took off down the hallway with tears in her eyes.

Ever since, Taehyung had picked her up that day and told her that Jin would no longer be her babysitter because he was not well. Minji had been acting out. She had tried many times to sneak and call Jin, but Taehyung would catch her and hung up the phone before she had the chance to talk to Jin.

She blamed her father for Jin not being around as she still remembers the morning that they had fought.

"Minji please, Dad is sorry, but I didn't make Jin go away. He just had to. It's complicated, baby, and one day when you are older, you will understand that daddy did this to protect you." Taehyung tried to explain to his daughter, who was lying in the bed Jin used to sleep in. She no longer slept in her room, but in Jin's room, as she was hoping one day, he would come back and surprise her.

Taehyung wanted to throw Jin's stuff out, but his daughter wouldn't let him. She didn't even want him in there with her.

"I am not a baby. You took Jinnie away from me."

"Minji, I didn't take Jin away from you."

"yes, you did. You took him to the doctor, and you never made him come back, you did the same thing to Appa!"

"Baby, Jin doesn't want to be your babysitter anymore. I can't make him come back. What happened to Appa was different, I didn't do anything to your Appa, and you know that sweetie."

Minji got up from the and turned to look at her father, "You are a liar."

"Stop calling me a liar! I am your father! Don't let me have to get my belt Minji, you need to stop this behavior."

"Appa said you are a liar too. I don't want to live you with you anymore. You are mean to me, and all you do is yell at me. I want to go live with grandma or Jin, but not you, and if you hit me, I am going to call the cops on you!" Minjin took one of the pillows from the bed and threw it on the floor.

Taehyung stood in front of the room door looking at his daughter, not knowing what to do. She had been giving him nothing but problems since the day he fired Jin. It was like when he lost his husband all over again. However, this time she was older and a lot more vocal and stubborn than she had been when her Appa died. He blamed Jin for her behavior, she was beginning to act like him.

"I am going to call grandma and see if I can bring you there for the weekend, but only if you promise me to eat."

"I don't want to eat what you cook. Your food is nasty."

"I will order pizza, will you eat that then?"

"I don't know," Minji mumbled

*****

"Hello?" Jimin answered the unknown number that had been calling down his phone all morning.

"Well, it's about time you picked up."

Jimin let out a deep sigh and rolled his eyes, "What do you want Taehyung?"

"Why have you been ignoring my calls?"

"You are joking. You left my brother in the hospital, referred to him as a whore, fired him, and you want to know why I am ignoring your calls, are you fucking serious?!" Jimin screamed into the phone.

"Did he tell you he lied to me about me being the father of the baby he aborted?! I bet he didn't, did he?" Taehyung barked into the phone. He was tired of people putting unnecessary blame on him.

Jimin chuckled into the phone, "You ass he didn't lie to you! Jin has not slept with anyone without protection, you were the only one, but I guess it doesn't matter; neither one of you wanted it anyway. What's your reason for calling me, and why do you keep calling me?"

Taehyung was silent for a moment as he ponders if Jin could've really been pregnant for him.

"What proof do you have that it was mine?"

"Are you serious right now? I guess Jin was right with the choice he made. You are unbelievable, you have no idea how much I regret referring him to you. Because of you, I have not seen my brother in three fucking weeks!"

"What do you mean you haven't seen him? Where is he?"

"None of your damn business! Why do you even want to know?"

"Minji, she's acting up. I was hoping he could talk to her so she can start listening to me. Maybe tell her he doesn't want to come back so she can stop being mad with me."

"You are so fucking shameless! I can't believe you. I can't believe I picked up for you...gosh, you need help. Please don't call me again." Jimin hung up the phone and slump down onto the floor in tears. 

****

A/N: I wonder what Jin has been up to?