Twenty-Eight

"Your brother called," Namjoon said as he sat down next to Jin on the sofa.

"I don't care," Jin responded and leaned his head into Namjoon's chest, but then his phone began ringing.

"'little brat' is calling you" Namjoon held up Jin's phone to him. Jin looked at the phone, not sure if he should answer it. "You should answer it."

"Easy for you to say. If her dad knew she was calling me, I am sure he would not like it." Jin hit the ignore button and motioned for Namjoon to put the phone down.

"Jin, you know I don't want to pry, but-"

"Then, don't, please. Please don't change the one thing I've always liked about you. You are the only person in this world; I can just be me around and not feel like I am being judged." Before Namjoon could respond to Jin, his phone started to ring again. It was Minji calling him again.

"If you don't answer it, I will," Namjoon threatened as he lifted the phone and gave it to Jin.

Jin let out an annoyed sigh and answered the phone. "Hello."

"Jinnie!" Minji screamed into the phone. "I miss you so much, Jinnie. Can I come to see you please or can you come to get me? I am in the park."

Jin jumped up from the sofa, "What do you mean you are in the park, with who?"

"I am by myself."

"Minji, why are you at the park by yourself, where is your dad?" Jin couldn't believe what he was hearing; he began searching for his shoes.

"He is at work," Minji said as she sat on the bench in the park and kicked her feet.

"Did he leave you alone?"

"No, he got me a new babysitter, but I don't like her. She is not you, Jinnie; she's mean to me." Minji said while crying into the phone.

"What's going on?" Namjoon stood up and tried to ask Jin, but Jin was busy running around the house, grabbing his stuff.

"I am sorry, Joon, but I need to go. It's Minji, and I think she ran away from home." Jin grabbed his keys and ran out of the house.

******

As soon as Minji saw Jin walked into the park, she ran over to him and hugged him tightly while crying. "I missed you so much, Jinnie. Why did you leave me?"

"I am sorry sweetie, it's complicated, but why did you leave home your dad is going to be so upset." Jin lifted Minji into his arms and looked at her with tears in his eyes; he really did miss her.

"I don't want to go back home unless you are coming with me." Minji cried and hugged her arms around Jin's neck.

"Okay, let's sit down. You have gotten skinnier, are you not eating?"

"My dad can't cook and Maria ewww she's nasty."

Jin couldn't help but laugh, "Listen Minji, I know you think you did a good thing by running here, but you can't do that your dad is going to have a heart attack if he finds out you are missing."

"But you came, and you answered my call. If I didn't, you wouldn't have come seen me, would you?" Minji looked up at Jin knowingly.

"Baby girl, I came because I was silly and did the same as you once, but no one came to find me. I didn't want the same to happen to you. Now get up we need to call your father and get you home."

Minji pulled her hand away from Jin, " I don't want to go home unless you are coming with me."

"Minji, please stop! What you are doing is not okay, you can't leave your father like that he loves you. I know you miss me, and I miss you too, but it's not okay for you to do stuff like this. Someone could've taken you, do you know how much horrible things people will do to kids? Especially little girls your age. What you did was not smart at all, and I don't want you ever doing something like this again."

Jin's voice was firm as he spoke to Minji. He knew she did what she did because she is young, but so many things could have happened to her and who the hell was her new babysitter, how could she not notice that Minji had left the house.

"I- I am sorry, I just really missed you, Jinnie. Why did you have to leave me? When I said I didn't want you to be my babysitter anymore, I didn't mean it. Can you please come back?" Jin consoled Minji into his arms as he dialed the man he wished to never talk to again number.

****

Taehyung looked down on his phone, and his eyes widen in surprise as he realizes that Jin was calling his phone. It had been over two months since he had heard anything from Jin.

He debated if you should answer the call or not, but it ended before he could make his decision. "Guess he wants his job back," Taehyung says to himself and shakes his head.

The phone snaps him out of his thoughts as it rung again, "Why are you calling me?"

"Where is your daughter, Taehyung?"

"What do you mean, where is my daughter? Why the hell would you be looking for her?"

Jin laughed into the phone, "You are the same I see always jumping to conclusions. Anyway, I have Minji here with me, and I thought you would like to know before you found out from your new and dear babysitter that she is missing..."

Taehyung runs into his office and turns on his computer, logging into the camera app that he had installed in his home. Laid out by the pool was the babysitter he had hired two weeks ago with what seemed like a guy. As he browses through all the rooms, he saw no sign of his daughter.

"Where are you?" Taehyung asked into the phone as he grabbed his stuff and stormed out of his office.

"No need to come to where I am at. I am taking Minji back to her house you can see her when you get there, be thankful I didn't report this to the police. How can you trust someone to babysit your daughter who doesn't even know she left the house? And here I thought you couldn't get any worse than you already were."

"Seokjin can you shut the fuck up for once, just once, where the hell are you?"

"None of your damn business! I told you I am bringing your daughter home; she will be there when you get there." Jin said and hung up the phone.

Taehyung turned on the tracker that was on his daughter's phone and took off out the parking lot while trying to call back Jin, who was not answering his phone.